Page 343 of 433 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    My wife went out to see her folks over the weekend, they were supposed to go to a memorial service to a more distant relative. Her mom has gotten really sick with a bad cough, bad enough that they didn't go to the memorial service and instead went to urgent care.

They did not do a covid test. They just asked her if she thought she had it, she said no, and they said she has pneumonia, prescribed her antibiotics, and sent her home.

That was on Saturday. No improvement so far, so now they're trying to get her a covid test this morning. You'd think if someone shows up sick with a nasty cough, you'd do a covid test.

I know. WTF? Health professionals should just take the word of the patient to make their diagnosis?

Makes me wonder that there's a policy push to make sure number of confirmed cases don't rise...

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I have not been sick since Dec. 2019, because we have been minimizing our social interactions and wearing masks.
    Me too.

However, I'm not so sure that by putting our immune system out of its job for so long is a good thing for us in the long run... I guess by injecting ourselves with covid vaccines and flu shots are about the only ways to exercise our immune systems. I honestly do hope the anti-vaxx folks are completely baseless and wrong that by injecting ourselves with these vaccines, it won't cause any other problems into the future... Really hope these big pharmas know what they're doing... along with our government agencies...

I have to say that our family is anti-vaxxer for pets. We do not vaccinate our cats because we fear some of those low quality vaccines will cause cancer down the road. Of course the consequence for our action is that our cats are strictly indoor cats. We cannot do that to humans..., so naturally we have to take vaccines. Also, we assume human grade vaccines will be of higher quality. Anyway, my point is, anti-vaxxers are not completely baseless. However, if any humans wish to be an antivaxxer, they should all live in some isolated village. If you don't isolate yourself, then getting vaccinated is a risk you'll have to take. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 20th, 2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They did not do a covid test.

Administrator
    Mother in law's cough continually got worse, said last night that she was having a hard time breathing. They found a different doctor (her normal one said he couldn't see her for another 6 days) who said he thinks it's covid and she's now in isolation at the ER.

If it is covid, that means that my wife and father in law have been exposed. They're all vaccinated, so hopefully that gives everyone a fighting chance.

Probably Covid, but still no test result yet?

Anyway, you should try to stay away if possible... or just get masked up real good just in case. Somebody needs to stay healthy in order to take care of the sick ones...

I guess vaccines will be put to the test now for you guys...

Administrator
    Yeah, still no test result, but running under the assumption that it's covid. I want to be with Michele, but we're both thinking that it's probably smart that her and her dad quarantine for a bit before either I head out there or she comes home.

It's a pretty helpless feeling.

What does the science say about vaccinated people being expose to covid 19? Do vaccinated people really need to quarantine? I'm a bit confused on that.

When I took a short trip to WA earlier this year to check out our new home, upon returning, I did quarantine myself in our RV for 5 days for my daughter..., but then again, I heard vaccinated people could be infected and asymptomatic... so I'm not sure if my self quarantine helped anything. I could still be infected and not know it and unknowingly give it to my kid, right? I suppose if I got sick, then it's clear I'm a danger. However, if I have no symptoms, that doesn't mean I'm really safe...

Anyway, if it becomes too unbearable being separated, I'd think you guys should just mask up at home to minimize the virus from spreading at home? With low viral load and your vaccines, maybe you guys would be okay living under the same roof?

Anyway, hope things work out for you guys. Especially your mom-in-law. During times like this, there's really not much we can do besides praying. I know your unbelief, but I can pray for you guys. You just think positive.

Administrator
    I think the science is that with the delta variant, it's really easy for someone vaccinated to be an asymptomatic carrier. It's part of the reason mask mandates came back down here, vaccinated people were still spreading the virus even if they weren't getting sick. I'm pretty sure that the airlines would prefer that she not fly if she's been exposed, so I'd have to drive out to AZ to pick her up and bring her back.

I think it's more this feeling that you're still vulnerable even with the vaccine, just not as vulnerable. It's not a guarantee though, so basically I'd be the only living member of that side of the family right now that's not at risk, and changing that would be a gamble that we don't absolutely *have* to take.

Definitely trying to keep the positive thoughts going, and definitely appreciate the prayers.

Administrator
    Well, the good news is that multiple covid tests came back negative. The bad news is that it means we don't know what's happening.

Still, guess that makes it not really applicable to this thread anymore.