Page 345 of 433 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Good to hear, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Whatever it is, the meds prescribed in the ER seem to be doing the trick, she's improving rapidly. Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.
    No problem... I just hope ER's not giving her any deworming medications...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Subdermal extractor vs. intramuscular injection. Who wins?
    acket.

Scammers win. Amazon sells venom extract for around $6~$15! So they're prepping people to pay up to $35 as if that's the going rate.

Anyway, you can't extract the vaccine out! The government is going to be able to tell when they can't use 5G to track you. Then you'll be even more screwed! What a dumb idea!

Junior Potato
    I am now double-dosed on the Pfizer. Feels good man.

I see Australia has finally joined the six figure club. They're taking a beating. Why is that? Vaccine rollout still slow?

Junior Potato
    It’s mostly because the premier of NSW dithered while delta was free to spread in the community while the population was still largely unvaccinated and lockdowns were our best form of protection. I made a few rants about it in posts back in July/August.

The vaccine rollout is finally picking up steam now and we are at about 42% double dosed and 65% single dosed.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I see Australia has finally joined the six figure club. They're taking a beating. Why is that? Vaccine rollout still slow?
    Had to look that up - as in past 100k total cases for the whole pandemic (and less than the USA new cases for yesterday). Canada is 1.6 million cases. Not sure "beating" is the right term.

Its bad compared to what we did have, which was long periods of covid free. But even now at our worst its still better than most of Europe/NA on their best days of the last year.

Our vaccine rates are surging... NSW is at 86% single dose and over 60% double dose. We look like long term we will go past 90% fully vaccinated. Other states are a bit slower - combo of less availability and less incentive.
    As I started to type this a lockdown has been announced for my local area. 7 days due to I think 5 local cases (2 in my close area, the others more than 100km away)

Australia is probably being highlighted because we are at our worst now, when most places are improving. But our worst is still way better than most other places current (or even best of the last year)

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    The vaccine rollout is finally picking up steam now and we are at about 42% double dosed and 65% single dosed.
    "we"- as in Australia?
    Latest numbers I see are 53% and 77%
    And each day is over 1.5% new jabs - although that's split between the totals

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...ember-2021.pdf
    page 16 has some interesting comparisons to other countries - both daily new cases and deaths for the past week.

Also look at: https://www.worldometers.info/corona.../#weekly_table
    Some places are losing more people in the last week than Australia has the whole time. The USA is needing about 10 days to equal our per capita deaths.

USA numbers... for over 18 (Australia is counting over 16)
    77% first, 67% both.
    So ahead on fully vaccinated, but about equal on first dose.
    The USA daily first dose numbers are dropping, 220k per day, down from a peak of over 2M.
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...-onedose-daily

Id say that in a months time Australia will be well ahead of the USA in first doses and caught them on 2nd doses.
    At "the end", the USA might limp past 80% fully vaccinated. Im confident Australia will be over 90%
    And noting that the unvaccinated rate is actually a better measure - 90% vax (10% non) is twice as good as 80% (20% non)