Page 374 of 433 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I wonder how LA hospitals are doing.
    So far, not too bad. 770 people with Covid currently hospitalized in the county, that's down from a peak during the winter of around 8,000. Then again, hospitalizations usually lag about a week or two compared to infections.

Yeah, my dad had no issues finding icu bed, he’s out of icu now, but I figured hospital must not be packed for now…

Hope it stays not packed in the future…

Zero covid here for several months

We are hitting new case records with Omicron.
    We just brought back a mask mandate.
    Testing is very busy, not helped by some states requiring a clear test within days of entering. Some drive-up testing centres are full before they open!

Hospitalisations and deaths are low, which is good.

Administrator
    Seems similar here. No new numbers posted today but we got just short of 10K cases yesterday. That's about halfway to our peak during last winter. Hospitalizations still seem low, but it's always hard to tell if it's just too early to judge.

Still nervous to go see my folks, but talked to them today and my mom said she started feeling sick five days ago, but she took two covid tests over two days and both were negative. I was nervous to think we might bring it to them, never the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Seems similar here. No new numbers posted today but we got just short of 10K cases yesterday. That's about halfway to our peak during last winter. Hospitalizations still seem low, but it's always hard to tell if it's just too early to judge.

Still nervous to go see my folks, but talked to them today and my mom said she started feeling sick five days ago, but she took two covid tests over two days and both were negative. I was nervous to think we might bring it to them, never the other way around.
    My two boys and my niece and nephew all came down with colds* midweek--we cancelled the big family holiday dinners for the weekend. Seems like something we should do in most years rather than spread colds around the family (and to our elderly parents).

*negative COVID tests for our boys
    Whoomah!

I do believe most grandparents probably would not mind risking colds/flus and perhaps even Covid just to see their grand kids…

Glad to hear nobody got Covid. Here’s hoping Covid has mutated enough to become just like flu… less deadly…

Should know for sure in a few weeks?

My cousin had diverticulitis and was hospitalised. My first thought was "is he going to get adequate care, what with all the vaccine deniers roaming freely about, spreading pestilence to everybody."

Turned out he had a very nice room, in the oncological wing, on a floor that didn't seem to have too many patients at the time. Christmas day.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I visited my parents yesterday....I'm double vaxxed and boosted....AND I took a COVID test that morning...it was negative thankfully.

Florida just recorded the highest number of COVID cases since it began....for 2 days in a row. I was in the grocery store for 5 mins on Christmas Eve....90% of people weren't wearing masks.

Yeah, I lucked out and got to stay in the cardiac ICU* for my whole hospital stay because the regular one was at 120% capacity due to (according to the nurses) unvaxxed covid patients.

* Much nicer than the gen pop ICU, according to those in the know. I had a big private room with furniture for visitors, control of the tv, and pretty much immediate service if I needed anything because it was underpopulated due to the hospital turning away anyone who didn't immanently need life-saving procedures.
    -Formerly Stabulator