Page 379 of 433 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    Now San Diego, where my folks live, just reported 41% positivity rate.

Wow, that’s crazy!

It’s also crazy for us to keep on boosting ourselves every few months… it’ll be good for big pharma, but will probably milk the world dry financially eventually…

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/04/h...ntl/index.html

Anyway, I really hope omicron is just going to end up like a very contagious flu so that we can be done with it…

I just tested positive today. Was gonna get the booster on Monday, but had a bit of a sore throat. Couldn't get a test until today though.

Luckily, it's not too bad. Doesn't help though that it seemed to coinside with a pinched nerver or something in my back.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Ash and I have it. She tested positive yesterday and I have the same symptoms. We were boosted in December so I'm not worried, just need the symptoms to go away so she can go back to work. I am full work from home anyway so as long as this headache doesn't get too bad I can keep on.

Hope you all recover fully and soon.

Yeah, if you have to work outside of your home or have kids going to school, it's probably just a matter of time before you and your family all catch it I think... considering how contagious this is now.

Hope you guys recover soon.

I’m scheduled to get boosted tomorrow afternoon.

Curious for those currently infected, how does it feel?

A little while ago, prior to Omicron, my cousin and his entire family were infected, including his elderly parents. They reported only minor symptoms. His parents, (in their 70s/80s), said they felt nothing. Everyone was fully vaxxed…fully at the time meaning two doses. Parents might’ve been boosted.

It's mild. If I was a laborer I'd probably call off work, but I can still do cyber compliance stuff from my home office. Just a bit hard to concentrate. Ash works in healthcare so she can't go to work and spread it to the patients there so she doesn't have a choice.

I'm surprised it took this long to get it, honestly.

Administrator
    A guy who just started at my work yesterday tested positive today. He says he has some symptoms but at least in our morning zoom meeting he seemed fine. Also says that all of his friends he was traveling with during the holidays have tested positive but they're all asymptomatic.

There's a new covid testing site that opened up a little ways down the road from us, maybe a week or so ago. It had like a couple of people at it until the past couple of days when there have been huge lines to get in.

Junior Potato
    My country was going fine until we reached 80% vaccinated. Only a handful of cases per week and an economy that was doing OK.

Then they opened the borders between states and eased restrictions. A plan was agreed upon where anyone could travel between most states if they'd tested negative in the previous few days. And if you had symptoms, get a rapid antigen test (RAT), see if it's negative, and only submit for the more accurate PCR testing if you had a positive RAT.

But the federal government hasn't made enough RATs available, plus they decided to not add them to the free medical list and people are having to pay upwards of $50 for a pack, whereas even in the USA, RATs are free. There is good evidence that suggests some retailers lobbied the government to cash-in on the demand for RATs. Now our testing stations are overrun, it takes days to get a result, and nobody can get the RAT kits they need to prove that they can travel or leave quarantine... just as the festive season was in full swing. Some families are separated, some are stranded, and some have had to cancel holiday plans altogether. A disaster.

What's more, people with positive RATs are simply isolating themselves and calling in sick without going for a PCR test, which means their infection is not being counted in official numbers. COVID is now rampant in the community and we are missing a huge percentage of cases in the stats. And with so many people calling in sick, the economy is beginning to take a hit.

But, in Queensland we only have 10 people in ICU and still only 7 deaths since the start of the pandemic. This is the only comfort I take from all this. Vaccinations, mask wearing, social distancing, and good hygiene all work in unison to protect the community.