Page 380 of 401 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 4010

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Administrator
    Well, hopefully this is a goodish sign. Our general pattern for case counts is low on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (I have no idea why for Tuesday, but that's just how it's been) and then Wed. is when the numbers tick way up. Numbers today were high, but not much higher than they've been for the past week, and not quite the record we saw last week. I honestly expected ~35K today, we had 26K. Too soon to tell, but hoping we're seeing that crazy high but short-lived spike that South Africa saw.

Junior Potato
    Numbers for today are in.

Qld topped 10,000 in the last 24 hours.
    12 people in ICU.
    And one death, reported today but which occurred on Dec 27th.

If I didn’t move to WA, I probably would’ve caught omicron.

Just learned a bunch of my relatives got it thanks to gathering during the holidays… my mom is now worried that she might have it because she spent time with some of them…

Finally have some folks I actually know catching Covid. Previously it had always been friend of a friend!

Anyway, most of my family are vaxxed, one of them didn’t get boosted in time so she has the most severe symptoms so far…

At least my mom is boosted and showing no symptoms so far and dad had been in the hospital the whole time… he was boosted too so hopefully they’ll be okay.

I got exposed to earlier strains on multiple occasions before and after the Pfizer vaccine, but this new one got me. I didn't get a booster because scheduling it was a pain in the ass with work randomly cancelling days off in December.

Started getting symptoms on the early morning of December 31st, and it felt a lot like allergies (which I thought it was since I was in a place with a couple of cats and I'm pretty allergic). The next day, I got a fever that started out as mild, but couldn't get tested anywhere because it was New Year's Eve. Fever later went to 101.3 F, but not for very long. I got tested and came back positive the next day, and the fever was already gone, but I did alternate between being feeling cold and warm at times. I had some body aches the first couple days as well.

Apart from the brief fever, it's pretty much been like a bad cold.

Junior Potato
    The world’s best male tennis player is currently in immigration detention in Melbourne, thinking he was able to travel to Australia on a vaccine exemption seeing as he caught COVID less than six months ago.

Which is wrong. His legal team has filed an injunction and they have until Monday afternoon to get approval, or he’s flying back to Serbia.

Yeah. Fuck him, he's an idiot. Hope they shoot him into the sun.

I'm feeling better already, I expect to be asymptomatic by Saturday.

Junior Potato
    Glad you’re feeling better Nate

If anything, this Djokovic thing has provided a nice distraction from government fuckups being in the news in the lead up to the next federal election. Suddenly they’re tough on COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Glad you’re feeling better Nate
    Same here.

Just got boosted a couple of hours ago. Feeling fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Tylenol is on standby.

Good luck!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well, hopefully this is a goodish sign. Our general pattern for case counts is low on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (I have no idea why for Tuesday, but that's just how it's been) and then Wed. is when the numbers tick way up. Numbers today were high, but not much higher than they've been for the past week, and not quite the record we saw last week. I honestly expected ~35K today, we had 26K. Too soon to tell, but hoping we're seeing that crazy high but short-lived spike that South Africa saw.
    I did speak too soon. 37K today.