Page 381 of 418 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4171

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    our amazingly backwards Florida Governor continues to impress with his recklessness

"At Ron DeSantis' press conference, he just admitted that they have a stockpile of "800,000 to a million" expired COVID-19 tests they never sent out. They expired (after being extended) between 12/26-30/21)."
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Administrator
    Welp, we've passed two million cases in LA county. That's about 1 in 5 residents.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Active ATM?
    acket.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    A new model from the University of Florida shows a majority of Floridians will have contracted COVID-19 before this recent surge of the highly contagious omicron variant is over.

Dr. Ira Longini, a professor of biostatistics at UF, is the researcher behind the new study.

“It’ll be in the 70% to 80% range, at least, of all Floridians,” he said. “If you look at the infection curb, we already think there were a million infections right at the end of December, beginning of January.”
    https://wsvn.com/news/local/uf-study...e=twitter_wsvn
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Apparently after 3 weeks of the first omicron cases, there's also a spike in mortality.

"Life (of the virus) finds a way", I suppose.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Active ATM?
    No, just that have had it since March 2020.

WA schools are being closed on a school by school basis. If there aren't enough school staffs or students, then they'll close a school. Otherwise, schools must go on! Children's mental health is more important and parents can't work from home forever, right?

At least district was offering online teaching as an option and glad we signed up for that. Anyway, I don't think my new neighbors are that concerned about this virus I don't think. I also still see plenty of folks in my town out shopping without masks.

I just choose to stand further away or just walk away from them.

It is mind boggling how the stock market and housing prices continue to climb... for 2 years now! I don't understand how this can be sustainable.

Anyway, spanish flu ended by getting everyone infected I guess. That supposedly only lasted 2 years? Then life became so wonderfully bubbly and then we experienced a market crash that started the great depression. Not to mention fascist Hitler came around during such a time too...

History will likely repeat itself 100 years later, but I pray not...

Administrator
    Another stat of just how wild things have gotten here in LA county - as previously mentioned, we just passed 2 million cases total. In the past week, we've had ~266,000 new cases.

Fully 1/8th of the cases that we've seen the entire pandemic were found just in the last week.

Junior Potato
    I was talking to my old boss via messenger this morning and he told me that he, his wife, and kids have COVID, and they’re coming out of isolation today.

I then asked how things were going at work, and commented that it would be inevitable that my old workmates would catch it from a customer or something. That’s when he revealed that FIVE of the eight people working there have it right now as well.

Like… what the fuck happened to Australia?