Page 383 of 413 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4122

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    NYT says my state is showing a 2500% increase in cases.

Seems legit.
    acket.

Incredible achievements all-around.

Impressive spike but it's already starting to fall. It peaked in our area on January 11th. The northeast US is on the backside of it already, usually the regions lag behind one another but it looks about the same once it is done. This is Boston:

That's wastewater monitoring which I consider to be one of the most objective ways to monitor this since it removes the human and thus political element from the situation.

NE is experiencing a big snow storm, right? That should prevent people from getting tested, but should also stop the spread. Anyway, yeah, waste water measurements should be the most accurate. Hope the surge is really over and hope deaths wonít go up much.

Meanwhile, Australia to Djokovic:

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    That's wastewater monitoring which I consider to be one of the most objective ways to monitor this since it removes the human and thus political element from the situation.
    Wastewater management is run by the deep state.

The Deep State got its hands in the Deep Shit.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Meanwhile, Australia to Djokovic:

I wholeheartedly support blocking anti-vaxxers from being able to participate in society.

But on the flip side I reject this sort of thing being used to score political points. Itís an election year andÖ yeah. The news has been unpalatable. So have the resulting lynch mobs.

I think the principle was correct, but how poorly it was done was embarrassing. Tennis Australia fucked up by giving him bad info.
    Then Border Force say "got a few hours" and come right back. Then the minister exercises his power, at 6pm on a Friday after sitting on his arse all week. Dodgy shit.

And with the recent covid explosion showing that vaccination isn't stopping the spread its hardly like he is actually adding any risk to the place.
    But when we have been tough on the locals its hard to justify going easy on a guy who seemingly rigged up a result to try and bypass the rules.

We'd booked with our family MD (office, clinic) for booster Mon Jan 17, 2022.

And we get the worst snowfall in about five years, and lots of things, including the Family Clinic were closed. (with a no-message answering machine).
    Spoiler:
    In Waterloo our snowfall wasn't as bad as in Toronto. It only took me about 1.5 hours, with a traditional pusher, to get sidewalk cleared and get driveway and snowplough gift to the state where I am pretty sure I would have easily driven out. (I keep the car in the garage). (I started early, and suggested my wife phone as a precaution before we actually went). Our road looked passable. Not totally sure why it had got ploughed, actually.

The day before we had about a 2 hour electricity ("hydro") outage. Luckily it was warm that day (Minus 4 Celsius). (Previous days were around -10, with about -19 overnight; the warmth was the snow moving in, of course).

My wife had reconnoitered our gracery store pharmacy and phoned and we have an appointment for the 21st there, now. Partly pending what happens when we phone the Family Clinic this morning.