Page 386 of 433 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Yay, now we have Omicron in NZ, and are more restricted while they work out how out of control it is.
    Not a hard lockdown now, so it will spread for sure.
    You will WANT lockdowns, trust me.

A week of lockdown is better than a month without meat or TP on the shelves. Trust me.

President Biden has said there’ll be no more lockdowns. I guess America is finally free? This pandemic has just became way too political…, but I guess that’s good because people are still healthy enough to fight about politics…

We’re just fortunate enough that we can still work and go to school online… so we’ll ride it out like that for as long as we can…

Hopefully Omicron will really be the variant that infects the whole world and turn it into just another flu… and hopefully we’ll develop more better cheaper treatments.

Administrator
    I'm guessing it's because at this point, most of the people who are getting really sick and dying are the people who aren't getting vaccinated. This is data from NYC on the latest Omicron surge.

(From https://twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/...55496837333002)

That said, we're hitting death counts in the US that are similar to last winter. My assumption has to be that there's increased spread due to the fact that we aren't really doing much in the way of lockdowns anymore, so a lot more unvaccinated folks are getting infected and still dying at a hefty rate.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    If the triple-jabbers who've gotten have said that calling Omicron 'mild' is disingenuous, I can't imagine what it's like for those who have no vaccine protection.
    acket.

There’s still a lot of unknowns so not sure if we really need to make the call to never lockdown again. However I can understand the political pressure Biden’s facing. People can have their freedom to not vaccinate and unmask, but glad I can still be free to do what I want too.

If this drags on, I’m sure even my family will eventually just give up and treat this as another flu… we can’t be trying to flatten curves for the next 100 years… I think purpose of lockdowns is to prevent it from becoming a global pandemic. We’ve failed to do that from the get go. Doing more of it at this point is probably just delaying the inevitable.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 23rd, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    If the triple-jabbers who've gotten have said that calling Omicron 'mild' is disingenuous, I can't imagine what it's like for those who have no vaccine protection.
    Supposedly severity and death rates are lower for the unvaxed as well. Typically that’s the case for most virus… the more infectious it is, the less deadlier it is. Of course there are always few exceptions.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    or, doctors know how to treat it.
    or, most of the science-deniers have already died off.

or, we could make less suppositions.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    You will WANT lockdowns, trust me.

A week of lockdown is better than a month without meat or TP on the shelves. Trust me.
    I agree. I would far prefer to be locked down to put a decent ring fence around the outbreak, because people are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    As a triple-jabber who had Omicron it was...mild. Fever for a day, cough for 2-3 days, back to normal shortly after.

I've been pretty much been living like a hermit for two years. I go to the grocery store every week or two and the hardware store every few months. That is the extent of my outdoor excursions. The exceptions were a road trip to see my family (we had to be tested multiple times and have negative results) and the art show in Ohio this summer. I was nervous about that event, but I took a chance because cases were very low in the area at the time.

I miss going to the movie theatre once in a while. We certainly miss week-end brunch out. I haven't been sick since Dec. 2019, but I think there is a chance I had COVID-19 then.

I understand how people are tired of not socializing. I really want to hang out with friends, go out to restaurants, etc.