Page 389 of 433 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    The main problem is that a lot of people don't listen to people who are experts, they listen to people who they're familiar with and/or agree with. Celeb worship is way too strong in the U.S., same way we got Trump into power even with no legislative experience Bernie into prominence with no legislative accomplishments.
    I didn't fix it, because you weren't wrong, but I think that still fits.

Although schools do call it political science, but politics is really far from actual science. Political experience may actually hurt you! (See Hillary.)

Voters also are not looking for political experience, but typically seeking candidates who'd look out for them.

Problem is that today, people are often infected with pink eyes or have jaundice eyes that they often cannot see thing objectively anymore. Any expert recommendations that go against with that they already believed won't be easily accepted.

On the other side of the coin..., many experts today can be bought by money too.

Who's right, who's wrong? Only time will tell.

Administrator
    There's another problem as well. There's a saying that a "A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes." Even if we ignore the idea that Neil Young should be expected to have debate skills to be correct, it wouldn't matter if he went on there and debunked a bunch of vaccine conspiracy theories anyway.

I can think of a particular example of someone who not only will continue to believe falsehoods even after they've been shown to be false, but will also continue to stand behind the conclusions they've made based on a proven false premise even after they agree that the premise was false. Sadly, their name is escaping me at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I deal with grief in a different way.
    That's fine. But shaming others for how they grieve is a bit tacky.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There's another problem as well. There's a saying that a "A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes." Even if we ignore the idea that Neil Young should be expected to have debate skills to be correct, it wouldn't matter if he went on there and debunked a bunch of vaccine conspiracy theories anyway.

I can think of a particular example of someone who not only will continue to believe falsehoods even after they've been shown to be false, but will also continue to stand behind the conclusions they've made based on a proven false premise even after they agree that the premise was false. Sadly, their name is escaping me at the moment...
    like when Rogan and [white dude in Tuxedo] said that certain African American wasn't black? and then continued on with their shit talking?
    acket.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-a...-1669399?amp=1

Did a bit of googling and found this might be relevant to our discussion about Rogan…

Somebody actually went on his show and pointed out the error of his way! Joe resisted at 1st, but truth is like Borgs! Resistance is futile. Joe was big enough to concede and admit his guest made him look dumb! So I think Joe is probably not as bad as Trump. He can be reasoned with… people should just go correct him on his show rather than cancel themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    That's fine. But shaming others for how they grieve is a bit tacky.
    I would describe it as being insensitive.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I didn't fix it, because you weren't wrong, but I think that still fits.
    I don't disagree, but at least Bernie KNOWS the process and has been in congress for a long time. I would have rather had that random "Deez Nuts" elected president in 2016 vs what we got.

Yesterday the “Freedom Convoy” rolled through town. It’s so stupid that it’s not even worth writing about…but since I’m here, it’s basically a group of disgruntled truckers, and other far right imbeciles, protesting the vaccine mandates. They’ve been polluting the roads by driving across Canada in hopes that people will care, and that something will be done to change the law and accommodate their sorry asses.

The “movement” (no pun intended) was started by the no-account leader of a western separatist party, still crying over Justin Trudeau being in office.

Dumbasses.

Junior Potato
    We had a similar ‘freedumb convoy’ last year.

This year they all caught COVID and I’m certain that a bunch of them died.

Hey it’s what they wanted.