Page 391 of 433 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4324

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Junior Potato
    Here is a good and extensive takedown of a lot of incorrect COVID arguments and anti-vax nonsense. Use as necessary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...tm_name=iossmf

10. “But this preprint Norwegian study that Robert Malone quoted on Joe Rogan says vaccines don’t work, and he invented mRNA vaccines”

If brushing your teeth after drinking orange juice was a person, then it would be Robert Malone. What an absolute toss. Firstly, the loser didn’t invent mRNA vaccines. He was part of a team that discovered a small component of what today is the complete mRNA vaccine. The absolute gall of this bloke to say he invented mRNA vaccines. It’s like the person who invented brake-pads saying they invented cars. Dumb. He also employs malicious misinformation tactics to fool scientifically illiterate people into thinking he is presenting legitimate information. “this study from Sweden on 10,000 people showed that vaccines don’t work” – but in reality the study is pre-print, its methods suck, the authors say in the discussion that it shouldn’t be used to make conclusions about vaccine effectiveness and the conclusions say something like “vaccination is still recommended”. Misinformation isn’t just false information. Its information presented in a deceptive way. It’s presented out of context, given only in part and manipulated. Stop listening to this joke of a human.

Don’t get me started on Joe Rogan. The guy used to be alright, but he has really gone to shit recently. Saying “he’s just presenting everyone’s opinion, why are you trying to censor him” is so infantile and stupid I can’t wrap my head around it. The guy has 11mil listeners an episode, tells young people not to get vaccinated, says ivermectin works (lol) and gives verifiably shit people a platform to spread bullshit. He is either critically stupid or a malicious dick, take your pick.
    HMMMMM I WONDER WHO HE COULD BE TALKING ABOUT. DO YOU GUYS KNOW??!!/1?!?!?!?!!1!

The northeast of the US had a significant blizzard this weekend. The head of the CDC of the State of Maine, took this news and sharpened it with the wit of Mark Twain and created this gem of a social media blizzard:

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...x-with-a-wink/

(I'm not very good at posting twitter posts, but this article has most of them in there.)

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    The northeast of the US had a significant blizzard this weekend. The head of the CDC of the State of Maine, took this news and sharpened it with the wit of Mark Twain and created this gem of a social media blizzard:

(I'm not very good at posting twitter posts, but this article has most of them in there.)
    That's actually really brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I would describe it as being insensitive.
    Fine. You're being tacky insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post

Ha! The guy is indeed witty and also dead on!

To investigate this phenomenon a bit deeply, the main culprit is actually the ‘weather industrial complex’ using the government to force things most of us probably would do anyways… humanity just have this peculiarity… you know, if God/parents or any authority tells us to not do this, surely almost immediately it’ll trigger us to want to do it!

I think next time around, government should be more like weather apps and give advisories rather than mandates. During the initial outbreak at a small location, for sure we still need lockdowns to contain a new virus. Once the virus is all over the place, lockdowns could also buy scientists time to develop a vaccine. However, it is kind of unreasonable to continue to try to lockdown and flatten the curve for 2 years especially when we already have the vaccine. For those who don’t want the vaccines and don’t mind getting infected, we should respect their right to choose. Kinda pointless to fight folks who are suicidal.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 31st, 2022 at 07:26 AM.

Administrator
    If you needed any more prodding that the vaccines work, here's the overall covid timeline of cases in LA county...

And here's the timeline of people dying in LA county from it.

I kinda doubt anyone on this forum still doubt the effectiveness of the vaccines at this stage.

Hope the death rate curve will begin to drop as well, looks like it has peaked? I hope.

Administrator
    Yeah, we're about two weeks from when case numbers plateaued, which is sorta in line with the timing that omicron seems to have, so I think we've leveled off there as well and I expect it to start going down.

Freedumb Convoy fools arrived in Ottawa the other day, and are still loitering around there acting stupid. Feels sort of like January 6th in Washington DC, except politer. Dipshits.