Page 52 of 433 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Thread (CoronaVirus etc.)

Warm weather and a slowing of the virus efficiency has not been proved by science, so far.

That’s why it remains a hope.

Yes, denying proven science is stupid, but if science hasn't been able to prove something true, doesn't mean it must be false, right? It is good to have hope sometimes...

Do you have definitive scientific data or inconclusive data, Blerpa?

The hot weather case sounds good for aussies and singaporeans..., but Canada doing fairly well is kinda proving it false. Canada also has lots of Chinese and Iranian population. Maybe Justin is just awesome? I don't really know... haven't been paying much attention to what's happening in Canada...

Canada is ahead of the US in terms of tests/million people. So they are not under testing. Not sure about Australia...
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 19th, 2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I don't really know... haven't been paying much attention to what's happening in Canada...
    Gee, thanks.

It’s a theory that remains unproven because summer hasn’t arrived yet. But it is summer in the Southern Hemisphere. Ie. Australia, which still has over 700 cases. Are they all travelers or has community spread started? It’s very difficult to tell.

So we were told to disinfect our stations at the end of the day, and to wash our hands more, but nothing about the fact we are generally only 3ft from each other. "we have a responsibility to our customers to stay open"

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    More famous cases

Daniel Dae Kim - Actor
    Sean Payton - NFL Saints head coach

NBA Players/Staff:
    Rudy Gobert
    Donovan Mitchell
    Christian Wood
    Marcus Smart
    Kevin Durant and three other unnamed players on BKN
    One Member of the Nuggets
    Two players on the Lakers
    Three members of the Sixers organization

Starting to feel like a lot of us are going to end up with this in the U.S. just because of the sheer ineptitude everywhere. I feel safer going back to Japan at this point, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I feel safer going back to Japan at this point, sheesh.
    I didn't need a global pandemic to think that myself

although international travel is now banned from the US

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    $1000x2 is not going to save those high expense folks. If you want to expand the scope of this discussion beyond the current crisis then yeah, I agree with you, UBI should be uniform. That's not the point of this legislation though.

I am well into the group that shouldn't be getting a check. I know this because my first instinct is to put it in savings.
    So, as I was saying...

The legislation would provide checks of $1,200 per adult for many families, as well as $500 for every child in those families. Families filing jointly would receive up to $2,400 for the adults. The size of the checks would diminish for those earning more than $75,000 and phase out completely for those earning more than $99,000. The poorest families, those with no federal income tax liability, would see smaller benefits, though the minimum would be set at $600.

An early analysis showed the vast majority of middle class people would receive the cash payment, but the percentage doing so falls dramatically toward the bottom of the income distribution. About 22 million people earning under $40,000 a year would see no benefit under the GOP plan, according to an initial analysis by Ernie Tedeschi, a former Obama administration economist.
    This is a middle class placation.