Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam & Lori's Motorbikes

I don't have a top box, but I do have a black bike that, if you squint just right, kinda looks like yours, but biggiefied.

The bike has been collecting dust since my ride into the mountains. I took it for one short ride since, just to keep it from sitting for too long. Lori goes back to work next week for the new semester. She will finally be using it for its intended purpose, commuting. She rode it for one week in the spring, then the rest of the semester was online because of COVID-19. A lot of people are nervous about being forced back to school for obvious reasons. I'll leave that business for the pandemic thread.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    When she's out in the boonies doing fieldwork, how does she move around, by snowmobile?
    acket.

In Antarctica and at McGill Arctic Research Station, snow machines were used. In Alaska, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_anFvggYWDE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E979wxSrySo

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Hey fellas, she got chauffeured, she's so fancy!
    acket.

Hey wow. I missed this. I didn't realized they still made motorcycles under 500cc except for moped-level. I guess that was based on complaints/observations of a brother-in-law who bought a couple of bikes late 90's early 21st century. I've never looked seriously for motorcycles myself.

Reading a bit, I guess yours is a bit of a road-going can-be-sometimes dirt bike.

But now I see yours is not actually new anymore.

Belated
    Last edited by SportWagon; August 11th, 2020 at 02:19 PM.

I nearly got blown off the road today by a dust devil. As I approached, it did not look like a big deal. It center seemed to be in the small median on the four-lane road I was on. I was only going about 35 mph in the right lane. Once I got next to it, however, the wind gust was powerful and scary. It blew me about three or four feet to the right, to the edge of the grass. Never experienced anything like that before. I got dust up in my helmet and there was sand on the saddle once I got home.

Bikes are particularly susceptible to wind. Ive been stopped waiting for a bridge to close (yes!) and a huge just almost blew me over. When it ended I put the sidestand down just in case another gust came.
    Glad you survived - every incident is another learning experience.

Lori installed a USB charger. Unfortunately, many of the plastic fasteners busted removing the fairings for access. She ordered a box of fasteners so she can reassemble the bike. It is sitting in the garage in pieces at the moment.

In other news, we bought a single-person tent for solo motorcycle trips. Our three-person tent took up too much room in the bike boxes.

My preferred packing on my old bike was tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad in dry bags on the passenger seat, although it's a little ugly compared to getting everything in the luggage!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robert...7658905339348/