Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam & Lori's Motorbikes

Carbon is reassembled, but has not been ridden or tested since. I was expecting Lori to take it for a road trip with the new tent she bought. *Sigh* I guess it is up to me to bear the responsibility of taking it into the mountains for a few days.

Also, not sure if these were the ones that were giving trouble on the Versys, but on my bike Kawasaki uses a lot of these little plastic rivet things. This guy has a good video that shows how to remove them, at least for me this was not intuitive and I probably would have broken them without the video!

I did post this in text form on Lori's facebook post back when we were talking about it there, but forgot that the video where this is shown is different from the USB charger video.

Thanks for the tips! Lori thanks you too.

Junior Potato
    Ahh the old fairing puzzle. And the reason why simple crashes on the side can often be so expensive; high quality plastic moulds pumping out big pieces in low volumes.

Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway for a couple of days, almost to Roanoke, VA. Alas, the Parkway is closed for a significant portion around Roanoke, so I just came home. It was a nice ride. I camped two nights. I certainly do not have an iron butt. I was fatigued by the time I got home. My butt, back and legs were uncomfortable. I need to start working out again and doing yoga to alleviate that. I have fallen out of shape.

The charger worked great!

Nice. Bike camping is fun.

When I made this thread, I did not think we would ever be a two-bike family, but here we are. Can a deity change the name of this thread to, "Cam & Lori's Motorbikes"?

I rode this home today; 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650. It is used, but it only had 1,000 miles on the odo when I drove it off the lot this morning. First owner traded it in on a 1000cc. It rides real nice and sounds great. The plan is to add the optional higher seat and luggage compartments.

IMG_3854.jpg

Happy (6)50th birthday to me!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Was Lori a rider before the Versys? Which bike does she feel more comfortable on?
    acket.

Lori was not a rider before the Versys. She has taken to it quite well. She commutes to work on it at least three times a week now. She has not taken the Suzuki out for a burn yet. It's a hot day and she has meetings this afternoon.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Congrats, btw.
    acket.