Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Richness?

Actually, that's not a bad approach either. That's what Warren Buffet does, buy and hold forever!

Just want to divert people's attention a bit to something else...

Yeah, with regarding to getting rich... this is the golden opportunity. If you have money to hoard stocks right now, chances are you'll be rich after this blows thru. Yes, forget toilet paper and guns or ammos, buy stocks!!!

In case Neanderthal ignored his own ignore feature again..., I just want him to know that imagine if my CEO is as awesome as his company's CEO and did not end up producing a jet capable of nose down dives that kill people... imagine everything we produce is awesome and sales going thru the roof... just look at all the planes grounded right now. Even with excellent management, crises still cannot be predicted. My company stock would still tank. So again, just want people to remember to diversify. Don't place all your eggs in a single basket if you don't want to be poor.

You are right in that turbulent times are often a good time to make money. But its also a good time to lose money!
    You need some knowledge and a lot of luck.

Main reason why I’m not rich is because I never have extra money to buy anything when opportunities present themselves...

Anyway, during these turbulent times, pretty sure nobody has any correct knowledge. All we know is the basic principle that we ought to buy low sell high. Whether things have bottomed out, nobody knows, but I think we can all agree prices are relatively low... so there’s a very good chance that you’ll make your money back... assuming you’re not unlucky enough to be the few who die...

I think grocery stocks are a good buy right now. WalMart. Target. Costco. Kroger. Etc.

A they're "essential"
    B they're open,
    C they're selling out of a lot of stuff, in our case, daily.

Caveat; I've only been tracking our stock. It finally went down about 10% but our sales are still incredible. With everyone "staying home" our weekday sales have gone up quite tremendously, without a large drop off from our weekend sales.

I'm thinking about going in on 3M too. It's a good dividend stock too.

All I know is, my retirement is fucked, and I'm gonna have to basically not spend any money for the next couple years, and dump everything into retirement to catch back up. I imagine a lot of people will be in the same position.

We’re not retiring anytime soon, unless the world ends, I think we’ll be able to ride it out. Dump more money in if you have money, also make sure you don’t get out of the markets during time like this...

I feel bad for those who planned to retire in the near term...

Not retiring any time soon, but i was on the edge of where I’m supposed to be, and now I’m well behind where I’m supposed to be, so I have to work to make up the losses.

It’ll bounce back eventually, just stop looking at it!

Yup, unless you need to draw down on the funds *now*, you've got 20 (or whatever) years for the fund to recover.