Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    When did Twitch start allowing 18+ content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    twitch.tv/watchswervosuck
    *clap* *clap* *clap*

Not sure the Series S (in it's current form) will last a year:

The Call of Duty from 2015* is above 150GB with all DLC (*it's so old that it was port over the the PS3 and X360)
    I'm told CoD:Warzone is over 200GB
    This makes me think that the X1S** might not be able to fit CoD:Cold War when all the free DLC hits (**512GB internal storage minus about 200GB for the OS/system)

Seriously, the XSS might not be able to fit one full game

Microsoft's response to that is two fold:
    1) The XSS does not need to download the same texture packs that the 4K capable systems do. Part of the idea of the "Smart Delivery" system is that the game should only download content for the version of the game it can play.
    2) They are pushing developers to do a better job of reducing size of games, rather than not caring.

For examples of both, Sea of Thieves has reduced its download size for all three current versions, and the new sizes range from 10 GB to 27 GB:

Sea of Thieves download size Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Windows 10 PC
    Sea of Thieves players on Xbox One will have to download 10GB instead of 35GB while Xbox One X players will have a 25GB download size rather than 47GB. Meanwhile, Windows 10 PC players will have a 27GB download from 47GB.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Microsoft's response to that is two fold:
    1) The XSS does not need to download the same texture packs that the 4K capable systems do. Part of the idea of the "Smart Delivery" system is that the game should only download content for the version of the game it can play.
    2) They are pushing developers to do a better job of reducing size of games, rather than not caring.

For examples of both, Sea of Thieves has reduced its download size for all three current versions, and the new sizes range from 10 GB to 27 GB:
    Bungie is doing the same with Destiny 2. Some of the reduction is story based and some of it is optimization of the game. The new size will be like 70GB, while the current size is 105GB.

And the fact that COD:Warzone is 200gb is ridiculous. It's become a meme for how bad they have optimized the game and the expansions.

Thanks Keith, that's good news.
    Not convinced that Activision/CoD will do enough (the 150GB game from five years ago pre-dates the X1X/4K resolution), but I have hope from everyone else (and certainly MS exclusives).

What I can't work out is why the Series X OS is so large? Way bigger than a fresh Win10 install.

The reserved space on the Series hard drives isn't just for the OS, it's also the space used for Quick Resume.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    CoD developers are reducing the size of the latest betas. They’re also allowing users to uninstall the single player portion.

But to do this requires a patch, as the functionality wasn’t there when the game originally released. So the games have to get bigger before they can get smaller!

Forbes reports that CoD Cold War launch at 136GB for the Series X|S ... so basically most of the Series S's available 364GB when all DLC is included. Maybe they can keep it down to 200GB with optimization and Smart Delivery, which may still not leave room for a full Forza.

Microsoft did ship my Series S a couple of days ago, but it looks like FedEx is going to keep it in their warehouse for 5 days before sending it out for delivery.

Also (a week late), there's a Series X fridge. Love that a trillion dollar company still has a sense of humor
    Last edited by balki; November 5th, 2020 at 06:00 AM.

Junior Potato
    So, is anyone enjoying any spicy new hardware today?