Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

I would have put $50 down now, secure one knowing I can keep saving till release date, walk in and back out with a shiny new Xbox VS having to explain to my wife why $749 has suddenly disappeared from our account to Xbox.com.au or Harvey Norman.
    I think the first scenario is the safest.

It's a shame it's turned out like this for both consoles. Used to be able to walk into a retailer and buy it, not hypetrainpreorderhopeyougetonestiffshitifyoumissed out crap.

I don't remember what the PS2 days were like, but every console since (nearly 20 years) has had this hype in the US (I think the Wii was the worst of them).

Is the MS store likely to have them available for at least the first 2-3 minutes? I'd much rather order directly from them.

Previously its gone like this for me.
    Xbox on launch, Xbox 360 on launch, PS2 on launch, Xbone day one edition on launch, I've walked into a shop and bought it without ordering.
    Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky 🤣

Junior Potato
    You could still have the chance to walk into a department store like Target or Big W on launch day (or more accurately spend six hours in a queue) if they're doing sales with no pre-orders. Keep your ear to the ground for that sort of stuff.

That's true, still a bit over a month to go.

Junior Potato
    Or, another option, if you’re with Telstra you can order one with Xbox All Access (it’s a phone-like payment plan that includes Game Pass and the pricing is very reasonable).

Fuck Telstra. Got rid of that headache years ago. Recently got rid of Optus too, only have them for mobile now, which is still painful enough.

Pre-orders went live at 11 AM eastern in the US. Most of Best Buy's gaming section seemed to crash at that point. Searching for the product page directly did work, but by the time I got there at 11:02 they were all gone.

They're already on eBay for $600 to $1600.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Microsoft has confirmed that pre-orders will start at 11 am Eastern US on September 22nd. I....will probably be ready.
    Thanks for all the info, specifically this (snagged an S from the MS Store).

I attempted to pre-order both the PS5 and the XSX, and neither were available within 30 seconds of “launch”, but they’re readily available on eBay. Sony and MS made this more difficult than necessary for normal folks. Whatever, I’ll check again next year or whatever.