Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I attempted to pre-order both the PS5 and the XSX, and neither were available within 30 seconds of “launch”, but they’re readily available on eBay. Sony and MS made this more difficult than necessary for normal folks. Whatever, I’ll check again next year or whatever.
    Samesies.

Junior Potato
    I’m on a longer-term plan: not buy any of them until there’s a PS5 slim or GT7 comes out.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why don't sell thru their subscription services? It would seem to me those would be free of scalper bots.
    acket.

Then you're locking out all of your retail partners, or making them have to authenticate to your servers and therefore just causing more havoc I'd guess.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not really. A lot of bands' fan clubs have preferential ticketing thru ticketmaster and such services, it sends a great message to both business partners and their customer base of how much the organization values them. I'm thinking of how U2, Radiohead, Pearl Jam work with promoters and even festivals to avoid ticket scalping.
    acket.

Administrator
    I was actually thinking that Ticketmaster should really branch out into trying to license their anti-bot tech, especially since there's so little money in ticketing right now. I know it's not perfect, but they put a ton of work into that and it's become pretty clear that all these ecommerce sites have found themselves on the back foot when it comes to bots buying up all their inventory.

I mean, guys, it's a console. It'll be around for several years. What's the rush? Why pay the premium?

Says the guy who, when he was 11, had the fortune to go to Japan with his late dad and buy a super famicom and a bunch of games shortly after launch. And had to bring his classmates over as they didn't believe (from the manual alone) he had one. Good thing I still have most of the games and the console and controllers.

So anyway yeah, it'll be around for a while.

I could see Microsoft doing a special pre-order for people with XBox Live accounts only ahead of time, I just don't see how Walmart/Best Buy/Target/Amazon would feel about it.

And I don't think the monopolistic-tactics of Ticketmaster should be spread too far.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, I have never understood why I can't preorder via Xbox Live. I can preorder games, I think I can even buy controllers through there. Why not a console? I mean the Microsoft store sells the consoles, they are a part of the food chain.

Just realized that I paid $300 to play the same games, but at 120fps (which I don't think my TV can display anyway). Faster load-times won't mean anything for multiplayer where everyone else still has to wait.

The 500GB internal storage may not be enough for 3 full games and their DLC.
    Any idea how much the 1TB expansion card will be? I heard $219 which is absurd, but also believable (remember how much of a mark-up PS1 and PS2 memory cards had).