Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Xbox Series X

I see scalpers have been selling the XSX for less than MSRP if you include with tax.
    It's now available on the Microsoft site without the need to buy anything else (it's been available for a little while, but you had to get a game, controller and/or 3mo GassPass).

The XSS has been available on and off since launch, and frankly makes a lot of sense if the extra storage isn't a deal-breaker.

Costco (perhaps amazon, too) have $100 MS gift cards for $90 and sometimes $80, so it's possible to get a XSX for less than $500.

Nice

Update: the GOTG finale was great in 4K60, Microsoft Flight Simulator is beautiful, and going back to more older games really felt like a different experience with the load times and crisp graphics. I put a bunch of hours into The Division 2, which I'd barely started, and Avengers, which I've played a ton of.

I also tried Overwatch and Apex Legends, but constantly getting my teeth kicked in had a more powerful effect than the new graphics.

If you need help in Div2, I've been playing that a bit lately, finally finished the New York story. I'm attempting the Summit, I'm somewhere around floor 51 I think.

I've stayed away from the big coordinated online stuff, and any DLC, but I would take some help for those. I just need a high level F2000 to go with my high level P90 so I can feel content
    Get that weak shit off my track

The Summit should give you exotics, I have 3 on my way up so far and some good green gear, not quite full sets yet.

Whaaka yeah! Just had a Series X turn up. No doubt they'll announce an updated model soon just to annoy me.

Administrator
    Now that the XBox One has been EOL'd, my wife got me a Series X for my birthday. I've only just got it set up and spent a few hours downloading a couple of games. I have to say, I'm actually a little happy that it's clear that it struggles to handle FH5 at 4K vs. my PC. I'd be really sad if a $500 console could match the performance of my machine with a $600+ video card in it.

It does run, and pretty well, and it's nice to have an XBox that can actually handle its own OS without bogging down. Also happy to have lost the giant power brick.