Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

They are better within the same generation than across generations, apparently. But as usual there is no rock solid way to know which card will be faster just from numbers, just as there's no number that can tell you which car will be faster around a racetrack.
    Get that weak shit off my track

There is such a number. It's the time it takes the car to go around the racetrack.

*shakes fist*

Junior Potato
    Well really it’s a combination of numbers, but somehow the marketing fluff-brains kinda latched on to teh flopz as a overly simplified way to advertise performance.

But history shows that the most popular consoles have not always been the most powerful ones. In fact I cannot think of a single console generation that was “won” in terms of sales by the most powerful console, apart from maybe the caveat that the current gen was won by the regular spec PS4 and we ignore the Pro and X1X.

Administrator
    That's been a thing forever. When I first got into programming and set up a Linux box it would advertise how many "bogomips" the CPU was capable of, "bogus millions of instructions per second".

And, despite that, we still used "bogomips" to compare the performance of different CPUs.

Junior Potato
    Big news.

Massive news.

The biggest news:

Microsoft has bought Zenimax, owner of Bethesda, for $7.5Bn.

So all new releases from them will come into Game Pass. That’s all future Doom, Fallout, Wolfenstein, Quake and Elder Scrolls titles, as well as Starfield which was announced last year.

No word is yet forthcoming on whether any of these games will be excluded from release on PS5. But hopefully it means no more mistakes like Fallout 76, possibly the worst game of the generation.

Having MS as a sugar daddy does not prevent you from making key design decision mistakes. I don't think that becoming part of a larger company has ever done that.

Preorder clusterfuck.
    Was rather excited by this, set alarm for 8am so I wouldn't miss it at work.
    Logged into the retailer I was prepared to spend money with. Nope, they want full payment.
    Tried another, they wanted $50 deposit, good.
    Tried to secure one, wouldn't let me click and collect or set a delivery address.
    Why? Because they had sold out.

Awesome!

Assuming you have the cash or credit, what's wrong with full payment if you're going to spend the money anyway?

Junior Potato
    It’s pretty much a given that they would sell out in a few minutes. I wouldn’t be surprised if a large proportion of them went to scalper bots in other countries, which would then be hitting other regions as they get to 8am.

It’s a safe bet to predict that they won’t be available in large numbers (meaning you won’t be able to just walk into a shop to get one) for six months. The easiest way to get one will be to put down a pre-order for subsequent shipments. I know EB will do this in Australia.