Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

I was seriously looking into that, but it'd be about $1000 (vs 300-500).
    On top of that I don't want to deal with drivers, compatibility issues, … or whatever it takes to do PC gaming.

Oh, and the massive amount of hackers. I'm actually afraid of cross-play against the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race (I'm already getting pwned by the console kids).

Nowadays, cost aside (and I think that is balanced by the fact that you can use the PC to do things other than play games) there are no real problems with PC gaming, other than the possibility of hacking. You can also easily use a DS4/X controller if you want.

As to hacks, sure, I'm sure they are there, I have also accepted that I will never be able to compete with most kids when playing MP on PC or console, so let them compete for the upper half or 75% of the board.do.

The posts in the Flight Sim thread disagree with your statement on the lack of issues with PC gaming. Though to be fair the game I've been playing most recently on XBox has plenty of stability issues itself.
    Get that weak shit off my track

PCs are definitely friendlier now vs back in ye olden days, but consoles are still on a different level of simplicity and reliability. They both have their places, I don't get why people are so adamant about others' choices.

Junior Potato
    There are pros and cons with everything. I accept the cons of dealing with pooters in exchange for the massive amount of pros that they provide.

In all seriousness, Flight Sim is just one game, and they have fixed the main issue I was having. Outside of this I've got a veritable bevy of great games on my PC that have worked absolutely flawlessly. And they come with scalability and customisability that is unheard of on a console.

That, and I've been enjoying an almost next-gen level of graphical fidelity for the last 18 months so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just don't want the extra hassle a PC entails. Plain and simple. My Xbox One just works, when it needs an update it auto downloads it and I don't have to worry about if my graphic settings are correct, is my processor powerful enough or do I have the right graphics card etc. Completely hassle free.

I would just rather spend my time playing the games. Also, i have no need for a PC. So it's other abilities are moot for me.

And as far as state of the art graphics, I used to play on a 720P LCD TV, until about 3 years ago and now I play on a 1080P LCD. I honestly have no idea there is a difference between 4K and 1080P other than what people say. Will I upgrade someday, probably, but I don't find it to be imperative.

The bigger upgrade, imo, is HDR really. The wider color range, better shadow detail, etc makes a larger difference than slightly smaller pixels at most viewing distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    They both have their places, I don't get why people are so adamant about others' choices.
    I'm not, really, I have a PS4, a Switch, and a gaming PC. Of those, it's the Switch that gets the most play (family games), followed lately by the PS4 (God of War, which is... a family game of a different sort) and actually, last, is the PC.

As a matter of fact, the ipad and my android phone are my main gaming platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    ...I don't get why people are so adamant about others' choices.
    Actually it seems PS4 fanboys are the most incediary ones and the ones most jealous (kindergaten style?) of their favourite console's exclusives.
    I mean, whatever, keep your exclusives, kids.

Junior Potato
    It’s more fun to own enough devices to play every game ever.