Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    CoD developers are reducing the size of the latest betas. They’re also allowing users to uninstall the single player portion.

But to do this requires a patch, as the functionality wasn’t there when the game originally released. So the games have to get bigger before they can get smaller!
    Well, you could probably delete the install, and redownload it?

So, is anyone enjoying any spicy new hardware today?
    Probably my German friend who lives in Switzerland. I'm not sure why he ordered it as he's not a big gamer, but anyway.

Got the S; it's small, like what the ps2 was (forgot how much smaller consoles were prior to the OG Xbox and fat PS3).
    I'm not expecting to play anything optimized for it anytime soon. If there's something on Game Pass that will take advantage of it I'll give it a try, otherwise I'm just looking forward to faster load times of X1 games.

Junior Potato
    Download Tetris Effect.

Right now.

Tetris Effect Connected, is that suitable/playable with a controller?

Junior Potato
    Yep of course it is!

Cool, thought it might have need the Xbox Connect (edit, the peripheral is called Kinect, hence my confusion).
    Not sure why you recommended something that's a fusion between a DreamCast and GameBoy game, but I was up until 3am playing it (knocked down the difficulty level starting at stage 9). edit II: according to my smartwatch I was asleep the whole time, guess I dreamt that I played Tetris

As for the XSS; load time are slightly to noticeably better.
    The controller feels different (slightly more mechanical and noisy) and is not compatible with the rechargeable battery pack I have for the X1.
    Last edited by balki; November 11th, 2020 at 07:31 AM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Not sure why you recommended something that's a fusion between a DreamCast and GameBoy game, but I was up until 3am playing it
    That’s why.

It was my favourite game of 2018 when it initially came out on PS4. Now it’s out on PC and Xbox more people can enjoy it. And in VR it’s sensational.

welp, seems like the XSS will be used for these purest of games:

Installed one X1 game and am down to 242 GB free.
    CoD Cold War is 188GB out the gate for the Series X|S

I actually think I can justify getting a PS5 next year and keeping the XSS as the net cost will be just over $100 after selling the X1S (plus it has a small footprint).

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is $1
    Don't jump on it just yet (I think you have until Jan 31); it should convert your XBL to Ultimate (Gold + Game Pass), so max out XBL to 3 years then convert.

Be careful, when you buy 3 years of XBL Gold, if you already have any, you can't redeem all 3 years, so you can't convert all 3 years. But if they're going to end that promotion in January, and I can't get to exactly 2 years (to add the third) until February...
    Get that weak shit off my track