Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series X

Junior Potato
    And Halo looks like it has gameplay from ten years ago!

I watched it again and I want to rub it all over my tits.

Textures and lighting be dammed. This is proper Halo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Pretty disappointed by the Halo Infinite video.
    Lightining, effects and textures make it look like a game from 5 years ago.
    Also, as usual with the Halo games I've played, you can shoot in zoom mode only with the sniper rifle. Meh. Pathetic and obsolete.
    I hope it is just a beta show and they are really behind with the graphic implementations: even Destiny 2 puts this video to shame.
    Totally agree, except for one thing. It looked really bad. The shooting from the hip thing just looked so wrong in this day and age. Graphically, it did not look like a game with modern textures and lighting. Look very slow from a movement standpoint, like MC has concrete boots.

One Thing: I totally understand player's issues with the game play loop in D2, but there is no doubt it is one of, if not the best looking and best fundamental gameplay console game out there. The video for Halo Infinite didn't even come close in comparison.

I will say, I prefer the slower movement of Halo to the chaos of the battlefield/COD battles.

Junior Potato
    Here's a video that Digital Foundry put out covering the 'bland' looking Halo gameplay. They say it's a poor art choice rather than bad tech.

I couldn't really give a rat's poo about it, but here I am posting this in its defense anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I totally understand player's issues with the game play loop in D2, but there is no doubt it is one of, if not the best looking and best fundamental gameplay console game out there. The video for Halo Infinite didn't even come close in comparison.
    It is a real shame that the plot of the game and the DLCs (Forsaken aside) is so shitty and the structure so lame: the graphics and controls are top notch, as well as the potential in the setting (goddamn, make a movie out of it or a TV series: the first live action trailer of Destiny 1 with Led Zeppelin blasting through were awesome!).
    And I only play the single player part of Destiny 2, I don't give a damn about multi.

Interesting twist to the Halo Infinite proposition: multiplayer will be free-to-play.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Xbox Series S confirmed?

https://twitter.com/zakk_exe/status/1292602854990065670

Plus, as the comments on the tweet have mentioned, it still uses batteries. PAH!

Junior Potato

Halo Infinite delayed to 2021. The XSX now has zero system exclusives at launch. You're only buying a system at launch to get prettier versions of XBone games.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    What if you already own a PC.......................?