Yankee pricing:
    Big one $499
    Small one $299

Straya pricing:
    Big $749
    Smol $499

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Wait, EA Play is going to be integrated into GamePass? Interesting...
    Yep. I looked up exactly what EA Play is and there’s two tiers; regular and pro.

I’m going to guess that a pro sub will still cost extra.

And being a 3rd-party publisher it means their Series [x] titles will be subject to availability.

Here’s a link to a page full of words related to the subject from uncle Phil.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/...Mcf88STav9VLdI

Going back briefly to the Avengers PC build discussion, based on a Digital Foundry video, it seems the recommended specs given are actually for solid 60 fps performance at 1080p, not 4K. This lead me to just Google how much it would cost to build an XBox Series X equivalent PC, which TechRadar says will cost about $1800. The recent 3080 reveal will change some of it, but apparently the CPU itself is $300.

My biggest problem with the XSX is that Microsoft has no VR support/plan. The thought of my 4KTV gaming system and my VR sim racing system being the same $500 box is a big draw to me, but for now the PS5 is the only thing going in that direction.

But having the VR on a separate console means I can have the whole setup sitting by itself in an extra room, rather than needing something that I can move around in/near the living room. Hmmm....
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Yeah the question of PC price is a curly one right now. The 2080 Super is now worth less than 1/3 of what it used to cost a month ago, so there's a big saving right away. A brand new 3070 will do the same job for $500 come October.

And I believe you could save money on the CPU by just going with a Ryzen 5 or an i5. It's 2/3 the price if you get an overclockable one. You don't strictly need the bigger CPUs for gaming but they do help.

But given that the lowest-end of the new Nvidia GPUs is worth the same as a whole XBSX then your own value-for-money proposition will need some deep thought. But bear in mind you don't need huge horsepower to play most racing sims. You could do it on an old Ryzen 5 with a GTX 1660 Super if you are smart about it and expect realistic concessions to be made with graphics settings.

For me I went to near-money-no-object proportions and spent $2000 AUD on an i5/RTX 2070 system 18 months ago with the goal being to play racing sims in VR. I haven't bought the VR headset yet (soon...) but I did also seriously upgrade my racing peripherals over Christmas. It's a $4000 outlay when you tally it all up, with another $650 on top for the VR yet to come.

Can a decent PC allow me to play games on a 60” TV?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Is the TV 1k or 4k? That's all that matters. Any PC that does a good job at 1k, will do fine on a 1k/HD TV.

The only catch to a TV is the Chroma settings, in order to get the refresh/etc so it doesn't look like hammered shit, you should have 4:4:4 ratio, or be able to set it to that.

You could get the ROG 65" gaming monitor. 4k, 240hz, $4500, come on man!

Phil, you you are in fact serious, I may have an offer for you

Junior Potato
    A few things: yes a PC will play on a TV just fine as long as it has an HDMI output. Just set the desktop resolution to match your screen native res.

But note that you are limiting yourself in terms of frame rate or resolution unless you own one of the latest greatest 2020 model TVs that can take a 4K/120Hz signal.

Secondly, Drew the chroma settings don’t really affect much; they’re just a way to store HDR video data on a disc or for streaming in a smaller file size by removing some image information that is almost imperceptible to the human eye. But for video that’s generated by the PC (gameplay) then the full 4:4:4 chroma setting can be used as long as the TV can accept that signal.

You’re probably thinking of RGB range, which should be set to the full setting for both the TV and whatever is connected to it.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; September 14th, 2020 at 06:56 PM.

As Drew said, it's a question of if you have/want HD or 4K, there's a significant difference in the hardware necessary to run complicated games well between those two resolutions. Being locked into a maximum of only 60 fps doesn't bother me, potentially because I have no experience with 120 fps video/gaming.

Microsoft has confirmed that pre-orders will start at 11 am Eastern US on September 22nd. I....will probably be ready.

Junior Potato
    Nice

Which one are you aiming for?