Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Toyota GR86 & Subaru BRZ

Ah yes, you're right. The face-lift headlights are slightly different.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Do my eyes deceive me or did they attempt to bunch up more of its mass towards the center of the car?

Roofline looks closer to waistline and rear winglet looks more ahead of b-pillar, that's probably an optic illusion but the fact that that little window looks smaller and more towards the center, makes the backseat area appear a couple of centimeters smaller.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; November 22nd, 2020 at 08:43 AM.
    acket.

It might be a distortion from different lenses, though.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    No more sound tube that I can see.
    Good news, but I hope that doesn't mean there will be fake sound piped through the speakers!

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    It was the 86 Hakone Edition. They sold them last model year.
    I spent a day driving one for photo/video, which was used internally at Toyota. The color is gorgeous in person. I see greens making a comeback on cars in recent years.

I'm excited for the new car. I think they went in the right direction based on what I'm reading. Evolutionary improvement of a really good formula - reminds me of the Porsche or BMW approach. I'm impressed by the engine capacity increase without increasing (to my knowledge) its external dimensions, and in fact lowering the center of gravity. Torque should be much more usable around town and it still has a high redline. Hoping it doesn't wheeze out as it approaches redline. The 2.0L car is pretty linear once it's in the powerband. And its' not as underpowered as people think. It's not a slow car, it just feels slow. The engine has no real zing to it, it just gets the job done efficiently.

But why did Subaru have to make the side grilles on the front bumper look like, um... sleeve of wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I'm impressed by the engine capacity increase without increasing (to my knowledge) its external dimensions, and in fact lowering the center of gravity.
    Having spent a bit of time in that engine bay, I'm not surprised. I didn't have to relocate anything adding the Turbo. Only modification needed was a notch in the bumper support, which I replaced with one made for it). Hell, people have stuffed LS's into them without major cutting, I think.

Well I've somewhat impulsively decided to trade-in the BRZ. It was super fun, but I have even more fun coming soon

Sad to hear. And how can anything be more fun than it??!! :x

Jk, hope your new ride is even better!

Actually, I thought about that wording after I posted.

And in some ways it wont be. But for someone who lives in a flatland with straight roads, the advantages of the BRZ aren't as stand-out. The new car has some of the same spirit, but with more power, space and luxury.

That's fair. If I lived in Florida I wouldn't choose a BRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    The new car has some of the same spirit, but with more power, space and luxury.
    That's supar!
    acket.