Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (Coronavirus edition)

What are you playing? (Coronavirus edition)

With a lot of people at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, whether WFH or laid off and getting unemployment, I figure there’s more time to play video games.

So I thought I’d ask.

I took last Friday off, which was a rare thing for me. I don’t foresee many more days off, since I am in an “essential service” business. I very much enjoyed dusting off the old PS2 on Friday, and played The Godfather pretty much all weekend.

It came down to a choice between four games: Godfather, X-Men Legends, GTA: San Andreas (which I’ve never played) and the PS1 game Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. I had my mind made up beforehand that I wanted to play Godfather, but asked Siri to choose anyway, (to pick a number between 1-4). She kept picking other games so I had to shut her up.

I love this game with a passion. Hadn’t played it since 2012, which is a long time. Played Friday through Sunday and made it to Capo. Won’t be playing this week until at least Friday night. Or maybe I’ll sneak in a couple of hours tonight. We’ll see. Feeling kinda tired.

I'm fully back into iRacing. I also do an informal lobby on Wednesday in GT:S. Other than that not much else has changed. I bought the new Ace Combat but it was underwhelming, only played it the one time so far.

My regular games (Xbone) right now are Rocket League and Warface. I went back and played some Ace Combat 6 and 7 in the past couple of weeks. I also reinstalled Borderlands 2 this week. I’ve been doing a lot of iRacing this week, as I bought some extra content.

Currently Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on Switch.

I’m assuming I’ll get Final Fantasy 7 Remake in a couple weeks, though.

GTA V (story mode).

I need to put that down and pick up a guitar instead.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Kinda getting back into GT Sport a bit, after finishing the campaign on COD Modern Warfare. Of which, after the ending credits i ventured into a battle royal in the Warzone (the new MMO) mode just to see what it was like, and out of 130 - or more? - players i finished up in tenth...
    By lying down and hiding behind a rock on a mountain the whole time, not shooting or being shot by anyone. Hehehe. The poison gas got me in the end, as the map shrunk yet again.

But yeah, i don't do online shooters. I play shooting games how i would in real life. Slow, steady and with a metric tonne of stealth. I'm not a runner and gunner, so i just get absolutely eaten alive in online shooting games. Like from the other side of the map. By a ten year old with one shot from a slingshot. While i'd been sending round after round of .50 cal sniper rounds, fourty crates of missiles, two nuclear bombs and twenty two aggressive alien attacks to his location, with no effect.

*Ahem*

Other than that, playing co-op campaign on Sniper Elite 3 with wifey. And not a lot else, even thought there's seven thousand games i've yet to play that i own. :/
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; March 30th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.

. Doom Eternal: graphics aside, which are wonderful, I don't like much of the game. Unfortunately it goes back to the original colourized "swarm of enemies" style of play, missing the dark exploration and jumpscares of Doom 3 and Doom from 2016.
    If that wasn't enough to disappoint me the game is basically Tomb Raider in FPS. Way too many jumps and parkour moments, with way too much necessary melee involvment.
    Skills, Runes, Weapon mods and alterations: way too much of everything, and explained in a boring way. A bit like in Rage 2.
    Friend of mine was fascinated by the plot and loved it: I find it as mediocre as any B movie out there.

. Forza Horizon 4: as usual, but lately it has been boring.

. Assetto Corsa/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Dirt 2.0/Euro Trucks Sim 2: all halted lately because I'm driving in F1 2019 once in a while. But I can't wait to have some leagues going in AC or ACC as soon as the F1 2019 craze dies over (It happened the same with Dirt 2.0 which we were playing till 10 days ago).

. F1 2019: I'm in a league of people. It's fun, we even exceed the 20 drivers per race limit (2020 and still we have these stupid limits... Nascar 2003 and 43 cars online. I rest my case). Anyhow, three quarters of the drivers do not know how to drive and often there are big shunts at T1 after the start. I average around the 8th-10th place usually, making do avoiding people and trying to not take necessary risks. Graphics are nice.

. The Witcher 3: I've to start Blood and Wine expansion so I'll finish the whole game once and for all. It will be my goodbye to the game.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    even thought there's seven thousand games i've yet to play that i own. :/
    Hah, that's where I'm at. Huge list of Steam games, still haven't played most of them and yet am able to sit here and just think "Well, shit, what should I do with myself?"

Infinite Warfare campaign mode. Damn good. I'll resume Titanfall 2 after that.

Finished The Godfather. I am now the Don of NYC.

I won’t get into how many hours I played this game over the past five days, let’s just say it was too many. It was so addictive. I’ll play it again in five years or so.

Thinking of moving on to GTA San Andreas for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    GTA V (story mode).

I need to put that down and pick up a guitar instead.
    How would you compare V to SA? Some people say SA is the best game in the GTA series. I’ve only played V and loved the shit out of it.