Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (Coronavirus edition)

Fall Guys is stupid... and fun. I keep going back for more.

Starting playing Super Mario 64 on the Switch as part of a Super Mario package. I was a little rusty at first, as it had been nearly a decade since I last played this. The analog stick on the Switch controller was problematic for a while, as it was super sensitive compared to the old N64 controller. It took some getting used to but I mastered it. Been playing for a few days now and have already grabbed 100 stars. I'm pleased to say that even after a lengthy absence I haven't lost my touch. I still rock at this game!

I played the Mass Effect series through twice in the past couple of months. Still my fave. Although, I have never been able to successfully save both the Quarians and the Geth.

It is surprising how many people still play ME3 multiplayer. I can always get a quick match.

Junior Potato
    I've been playing Flight Sim. Lots of Flight Sim.

But I got a Rift S for my PC this week and I played chapter 1 of Vader Immortal last night.

It's not an amazing game but for Star Wars nerds like myself it is essential playing. I will buy chapter 2 tonight and give it a whirl.

Marvel's Avengers. The core gameplay loop is so fun, and they're patching in fixes for stability issues and gameplay improvements.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Waiting impatiently for Baldur's Gate 3 to be released... delayed until 6th October. [fidget]

Star Wars Squadrons. Working through the story so far. I think I need a VR headset again and a HOTAS rather than my 15 year old Logitech Attack 3.

Junior Potato
    You want to know something funny, yet also kinda sad?

I own a fuckton of gadgets (no kids, you see), but this afternoon in a flash of nostalgia I had the sudden urge to want to replay Ocarina of Time.

It is a magical game that means so much to me.

The only question is, do I play with an emulator, the remake on 3DS, or the original hardware, which I have in a cupboard under the stairs?

Or I could play it in VR.................................................. .................................................. ..

So, I finally completed The Witcher 3. Both main game, first expansion (Hearts of Stone) and second expansion (Blood and Wine, which I liked more than the first one).
    Did all the secondary quests, scouted everything, only Gwent quests were avoided (Ewww).
    215 hours... I loved it. The plots and dialogues of the game make the Netflix tv series feel like Benny Hill, in comparison.

So aside from my usual online (various Forza, F1 2020, Genshin Impact) gaming and procedural one (Minecraft, No Man's Sky) I did find myself without a big game to play.
    I've Control, Hob, The Last Campfire, Windbound, The Flame in the Flood awaiting for me, but I wanted something big.
    Wolfestein Youngblood so far has been disappointing and boring, Cyberpunk 2077 has yet to come out, so I jumped into trying various FPS with single player stories, even old games.
    Mind, I'm the Cam type: I try, I see how it develops and then uninstall it if the game does not entuses me.

I tried Singularity: graphics are pretty old, textures are low quality, anti aliasing is bad (jaggies anywhere) and unfortunately there's no 21:9 option. The intro is a bit meh, the plot is not particularly original and I got motion sickness. Uninstalled.

Then Lichdom: Battlemage: despite having Crytek engine the game looks bland and uninspiring, story as usual seems a bit generic and the character movements are wooden. No much freedom of movement either. Boring (too bad, a new Dark Messiah of M&M clone would have been cool): uninstalled.

Bulletstorm FC edition: I had already played this game. Graphics are uninspired, there's a patetic macho vibe all over the characters and basically there's not much to go for it. Uninstalled.

Stalker Call of Prypyat: I was never into the Stalker series but I wanted to try the newest of the trilogy. Graphics are dated, with a shitload of low textures but at least there was decent Anti Aliasing here, although better than the one in Singularity and incredibly the game accepted my 21:9 aspect ratio. Movement are ok, albeit there are way too many menu to care for (a bit like Fallout series, with which I had a final and definitive... fallout? Pun intended), but the mood was great, way better than Metro Exodus (another game I abandoned at least a year ago); looking forward to an eventual new chapter in the series, hopefully with a more streamlined approach. Uninstalled but with merits.

Terminator - Resistance: this is actually not a bad game. Graphics are competent albeit not over the top or much modern, controls are about fine, and the setting is a bit of a familiar one. The tension from the Terminator universe seems to be reproduced in spades. Not a top game but a solid minor one, I'd say.
    It remains installed, I'm intrigued to see where the story brings me.

Now I'm downloading CoD Modern Warfare Remastered: I've never been into CoD or Battlefield games, but the MW series has been remastered in the last few years and it seems they have a decent single player campaign. I'm an old Delta Force player (offline) so I could see myself doing missions and progressing in the story.
    Dunno what to expect, but surely graphics should be ok.
    If I will like it I will look into the second and third remastered games.
    I dunno if Black Ops 1, 2, 3, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare have single player campaigns worthy of my time, but the IW futuristic vibe, for example, could interest me.

I may look also into Hard Reset Redux (but I'm afraid it will be boring), Homefront The Revolution (never finished the first game, this could be boring as well) and possibly Crysis 3 (never finished Crysis 2, got bored at a point).
    Star Wars Squadrons could be interesting but 1) I'm shit in dogfight 2) I don't have an HOTAS.

Chime in for suggestions and comments!
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 6th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Waiting impatiently for Baldur's Gate 3 to be released... delayed until 6th October. [fidget]
    aaaaaand having bought a new laptop for this game, instacrash won't even start.

/eye twitch

Will re-start the computer, and see if that unfucks things.