Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (Coronavirus edition)

Genshin Impact is great, especially for free.

Yeah I've been blown away by it's quality, but I guess my expectations were incredibly low. "How good can a free game be?" So far it feels like a "normal" game, just with a slapped on gacha mechanic for new characters. As far as I can tell, though, you don't need the best of the best characters to play the game, but maybe only to make certain end game stuff easier? I'm doing the $5/mo subscription thing to get a couple extra ingame bucks, felt like a good compromise. I've gotten 9? Characters so far, which is more than enough to choose from. Can't imagine trying to decide between 24 or whatever.

Exactly. That's why it's so awesome. Basically a triple-A title but for free. And the sound is particularly good. Yes, you can spend money but it's 100% optional (at least for the main storyline).

I haven't spent a penny on it yet, though.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Bought MK11 Ultimate edition for PC since I watched the new MK movie and was in the mood to play MK again. I know MK11 has a ton of content and Netherrealm is decent with their story mode stuff.

I'm enjoying it so far. I also love/hate the Krypt in this one

Female Masturbatory Aid
    At the moment, Banished. Also got Death Stranding at 75% off on Steam, have only done the intro so far (so, beyond the ridiculous visuals, I have no opinion at this stage).

I heard about someone who set up their home office in a small, spare "bedroom", stuffed-with-junk.
    Spoiler:
    On top of their antique steel keyboard drawer they added, at first, two levels of plastic shelving, i.e. one below the laptop, and the other above it, making sort of a hutch. But later the third, and eventually the fourth, shelves appeared above that, so the extra clutter accumulating could be distributed vertically.

And then the second shelf (i.e. first one above the the laptop) got occupied by an old (getting on for ten years) small "Netbook" dual Celeron. A clamp-on power bar climbed up the tubular shelf supports to help provide power for the second shelf.
    (But this is supposed to be about games?)
    Spoiler:
    Eventually an old black slimline PS2 appeared underneath the Netbook. Early experiments with sitting the Netbook directly on top demonstrated that that definitely could upset the DVD reader. So a support was constructed from an empty old-style (flat profile) CLIF bar 12-pack box by cutting out portions of the long sides to allow the PS2 to slide inside. The DVD can't actually be changed, but the lid will lift sufficiently to allow the Monitor mode to be entered.

To ensure extra rigidity, the Netbook actually sits on top of an appropriately-sized wooden cutting-board, purchased expressly for the purpose, and placed on top of the CLIF bar box. This also gives some additional shelf space beside the Netbook.

And so this person in their off-time occasionally plays Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 slimline which ended up on a shelf above their laptop "workstation". Gran Turismo 4 being such a time-consuming monster, this person's wife actually never approved the purchase of any succeeding games (nor the equipment required to play them). Besides they never got to 100%. Not even to 99.8. They're really not a very good player. And getting old, to boot.
    Spoiler:
    To start, attempts were made using an old game save to complete the S-16 license test lap of the Nurburgring (within the required bronze time). It took a while.

Despite realizing they were even worse than they had been before, this person decided to start a new (2nd) game of Gran Turismo 4, focussing first on getting their Super License. But then they got distracted by collecting all 16 colours of the Mercury Cougar you get for that. Which meant little progress on percentage, but merely repetitively entering races for profit, while overwriting the actual saves where the Super License had been acquired.

It wasn't actually until after doing that they realized in Gran Turismo 4 you could alleviate your money problems by taking the Cougar you win for getting your Super License, and entering it, even stock, in the "1000 Miles!" series of 4 long races (Bspec). So perhaps a incomplete Super License should have been saved for reference, and that strategy done first in the "main game".

Bspec allows the game to be run theoretically in the background, although doing so actually tends to be more of a distraction than you'd like to pretend it is.
    Last edited by SportWagon; May 4th, 2021 at 12:48 PM.

Finally got around to joining Game Pass and immediately got into Wreckfest. Really fun game.

Junior Potato
    Yeah Wreckfest is great. It's even better with friends, and is even really nice to drive with a wheel.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Just grabbed Anno 2205 (2015) and its season pass for $20 all-in (75% off at Ubisoft). I love the Anno games. 1800 is supposed to be getting its latest big expansion next week, I thought I'd try another "Anno" I haven't messed with previously.

I have so many Epic Games "bought" (free), I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to them....

I grabbed the Saints Row the Third Remastered a couple days ago, for nostalgia.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again...it's so well polished and elaborate