Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing? (Coronavirus edition)

Really? I have an Xbox One.
    I use from time to time the PS4 Pro at my friend place when I'm there, which was often, before the quarantine, and I think I never used an UI as bad as the PS4 one - like, the Xbox One even makes a lot of sense in comparison (once you change the whole garish green everywhere by the options).

I like the Crossbar far more than the 360's interface. I don't think I've ever used the One's interface for more than a 10 seconds. But I have to say that I was and am still a big fan of the Windows Mobile 10 interface.

Administrator
    Here was my experience:

First off, for some reason my PS4 likes to just completely turn itself off instead of stay in rest mode if I don't play it often enough, which means the controller stops charging and loses all its charge. So, invariably, I then have to do everything with it plugged in over USB, which is annoying. It's also annoying that, for some reason, it won't charge when I plug it into my wall USB charger.

I go into the store and try to buy FF7. That part goes well enough until I get to payment. My saved credit card has expired, so I go to add another one. Only problem is, apparently this is the third time this has happened and you a) can't have more than three saved credit cards and b) they don't remove expired ones automatically, no matter how many years ago they expired.

I go to add a new credit card and it tells me that you can't actually do that from the checkout page. You have to completely exit checkout, go back to the main page of the store, find Payment Options (hint, it's the very last item on the left rail, not visible on the screen normally, you have to go searching for it). I find that, and go to delete my cards. I can't delete the latest expired one because it's the default. I delete the other two and go to add a new card, it asks for my password to confirm. Of course I've got a randomly generated password from a password safe, which is oh-so-fun to type on a controller. I get that done, then I go to add the new card. Put in name, card number, expiration, etc, then I go to another screen where now I have to type out my full street address on the controller. I finally get through all of that, and it says something along the lines of "An error occurred: #81" and kicks me back out.

That's when I gave up.

I later did it through the web, I think the error is that the card number on my new card is the same as the expired one, and it considered that a "duplicate" even though they had different expiration dates.

Why they couldn't maybe a) let me put in more than three credit cards or b) let me remove ones from within the checkout flow or c) put in a new card with the same number but different expiration or d) give me a even marginally useful error message or e) at least told me there was a problem after I put the card number in but before I had to type in my long-ass address with a controller is why I say the PS4 interface is a huge pile of shit.

That's the psn billing section's coding and underlying design, not necessarily its interface or even the ps4's general interface.

With that said, I empathise, man.

Administrator
    Fair, but either way, I wonder how many sales they lose to that insane amount of friction.

Administrator
    That said, it's kinda a trip that the cutscenes look better than they did on the original and then you realize they're not cutscenes. It does sorta have that thing that you get when someone makes a movie out of your favorite book - a lot of the things in it are different from how I imagined them when I played the original.

Junior Potato
    That credit card juggling must have sucked.

I do all my PSN transactions via the store on my phone, and I’ve got my PayPal linked so no worries with cards there.

I've experienced the CC juggling before too.

For the random shut-off, check your settings. I think there is a "rest-mode shutoff after x hours" option.

Also, I know you can select to have the USB powered always in the options list.

Also, back a few months ago I picked up the Nathan Drake collection on PSN for free. This month had uncharted 4, the final for nathan drake, also for free. So I netted 4 of the five games, for 0$.

I started playing the series at number 3, so this will be fun to learn the front story. It has sorta ruined pieces of the story though.

Currently 91% through the first one, and controls as bad as I remembered the others being. I know the later ones fixed some issues later on. I'm excited to finish the first one tonight and going to number 2 later.

WoW Classic, some of Halo MCC and World of Warships are my three right now. Debating on getting back into LoL, but I dunno. I am BAD at that game