Thread: Virtually real motorsport clips

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Virtually real motorsport clips

See what i did there?

So since this Covid-19 thing is a thing, a lot of different - big and small - motorsport series are taking to the sim racing games, usually iRacing it seems, in order to keep fans entertained (and presumably sponsors happy too) by putting some/most of their actual drivers behind the virtual wheel.

I don't know about you peeps, but i'm actually finding it quite entertaining, knowing that these people normally (in most cases) race the same cars around the same (in some/a lot of instances) tracks in real life - and here they are kicking arse in a simulator as well.

So i thought that since this is kinda unprecedented and that major sports broadcasters around the world are showing it, and producing it as they would for a real race, that this would be a good topic to place clips/full races from any real car series/competitions that have turned to the virtual world while everything is on lockdown. So technically it belongs here and not in the gaming forum.

Anywho, here's a couple (plus a NASCAR one in the NASCAR topic, which i found more interesting than actual NASCAR) that i've seen bits of lately.

INDYCARS at Barber Motorsports Park, Alabama

And in NZ there's a series where you can't spend more than $2,000NZD on a car to enter the competition (or something like that) called the 2KCup, and they had a race yesterday in iRacing too.

If you've got clips from another real but virtual motorsport competition, post em up.

EDIT: And Formula 1. Which seems to have less current drivers than most other series taking it online...
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; April 5th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.