Thread: Purchased regrets

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Purchased regrets

Only talking about games here.

What game/s have you purchased that you later regretted, and tried to/did get your money back for it?

I can't think of many off hand because i usually think thrice before buying a game, but one that comes to mind at the moment is Farming Simulator 15. In fairness i haven't really 'read the instructions', just sorta jumped straight into it, but if i did follow the tutorials i'd probably enjoy the game more.
    At the moment i find it more tedious than i thought, and remain a bit confused about what to do next.

I bought Forza 7 and did get my money back for it when I complained about the loot system.

Junior Potato
    I bought Sportscar GT for the PlayStation thinking it would be a faithful console version of the rather good PC racing sim from the 90s.

It wasn’t.

I traded it back straight away and lost $20 of my pocket money.

Destiny 2 PC version. Got a full refund. Fortunately I now have it for free.

I bought Project Cars for PC several years ago on a whim, forgetting about minimum processing requirements. My old machine could not run it effectively. I could do a one-on-one race with my bro, but the frame rate was awful. Forget about racing a series against a bunch of other cars.

GT3 on PS2. Worst game of the series. Haven’t played it in years, and no plans to ever play it again.

Splatterhouse 2 on Sega Genesis. Just terrible.

Cliffhanger on SNES. So bloody hard.

I’m sure there are more, but those three are off the top of my head.

I never tried to return them for a refund. I don’t think I would’ve been successful even if I tried. I’m pretty sure the policy back then was once it’s open it’s nonrefundable.

Administrator
    Mortal Kombat on the SNES.