Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 eff yeah

Well, on the plus side, the Chang'e 5 probe has safely landed on the moon: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ng-on-tuesday/

I believe we are kinda getting off topic in this thread, but I'm not the type who sticks on topic anyways...

CCP going to the moon definitely deserve to be praised and I'm not being sarcastic here. However, for some reason they cut off live feed, so I'd always be skeptical of that... just as Boeing's recent crew capsule unmanned test mission. SpaceX provided live feeds as much as possible, but Boeing offered nada... and in the end, yep the mission wasn't all that successful... Anyway, I'm just going to take their word for it and assume the CCP has succeeded for now. That is a monumental achievement for China for sure and for that I'm super proud of them, if it's really true of course.

However, I still have some complaints about the CCP with it's space program... and my complaints are usually about CCP's lack of disregard for it's own people's lives. Take this successful rocket launch for example:
    https://www.space.com/china-launches...ket-crash.html

Used rocket stage fell near a town in a successful launch? If it wasn't an accident, then it was planned to have giant things fall near populated area?

It's good to give spaceX and run for the money, but probably not so good if it risks the lives on the ground.

That's mainly my problem with the CCP. Yes, they made China great again on the world stage, but at what cost? They don't just not care about HK people, but chinese people in general too! If you're in their way, you will be shoved aside. Dead or alive..., they don't care. I seriously don't get why they called themselves People's Republic of China... and why they still call themselves communists. They don't really care about it's people and their gap between the rich and poor is widening as much as America's gap. So maybe it matters very little whether you're communists or capitalists? End result is the same?

I guess like America and Australia, in order to build up a country, shoving away native population was necessary? Enslaving cheap/free labor was necessary evil? Unfortunately the native population and the cheap laborers in China are all just Chinese... perhaps mistreating it's people is the only path to make a country great? But at least these western nations stuck with it's original ideals... Are all men really created equal? If you meant what you said, then what about black men and women? So democracy did allow things to slowly change for the better. I just don't see social improvements coming for China until the dictator loosen his grip. Chinese Communist Party is certainly not moving toward communism. It's going where ever the dictator wants it to go...

I'm happy with going to the moon, but I'm scared of all the other places it might end up going... I'm particularly scared of this coronavirus... yeah, one hopes that it was only naturally occurring. However, even so, they has SARS before. So it's clear that they don't learn any lessons at prevention. It's like what was the point of doing all these research and then when it happens again, it turn out worse than the 1st time? Hopefully the world will learn the lesson this time. Otherwise we'll probably have more pandemics down the road.

Of course based on what I'm seeing in America, we probably won't learn our lessons to wear masks or stop traveling until somebody in our family gets really sick or dies.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 1st, 2020 at 09:01 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dude, either you go post that shit on the space thread or you stay and masturbate to that Panigale.

As per the rules!
    acket.

Hey, at least I attempted to slowly turn chinese moon landing back to fuck yeah 2020!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You don't get to change the rules after the start, buddy. This a trumpism-free safe space.
    acket.

I didn't start the space talk and nobody talked about trump.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Well, on the plus side, the Chang'e 5 probe has safely landed on the moon: https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ng-on-tuesday/
    There’s a country that has enough resources and willpower to do this…

And the teeeeeeeeeny-tiny Australian government wants to go toe-to-toe with it.

What the absolute fuck, man?

If there’s a 2020 eff yeah moment it’s definitely the way our prime minister is handling the current diplomatic crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    If there’s a 2020 eff yeah moment it’s definitely the way our prime minister is handling the current diplomatic crisis.
    Well, according to SOME PEOPLE on this forum (not you or me, of course) your PM is probably not being hard-core enough. Only Pompeo's/Trump's approach will do for them!

Who are those people?

Me?

Just because I’m anti CCP I must be proTrump? You don’t even know who you’re ignoring.

CCP isn’t the only evil government on the planet. I think it’s safe to assume Aussie special forces didn’t dare acting alone like that without UK and US knowledge. I think it’s good to expose these things, but the Chinese way of doing it by using photoshop images on Twitter was kinda weird.

Aussie govt demands CCP to apologize for using doctored offensive photo, but CCP refused saying the doctored image is telling the truth about offensiveness of Aussie forces...

Who’s right who’s wrong? I dunno.

It’s interesting to see RWA feeling shameful of his govt, but YW feeling proud of his.

FYI, I feel shameful for both CCP and the US govt. I’ve tried to change the US govt with my votes, but so far not so good, but at least I still have hope. Can’t say the same if I live in China. I’ll most likely not just be ignore, but probably swiftly shot in China. Some people here might be glad with that I’m sure.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 2nd, 2020 at 09:04 AM.