Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 eff yeah

Yeah, that's how I roll! Animal print pants, out of control!

Trebek is a national icon, can't think of anyone aside from Gretzky that's held in higher esteem. They're like the Canadian Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross.
    As for Jeopardy! It's a gameshow, except smarter and much faster than everything else that typically likes to stretch out a handful of questions into a an episode.

Can we unanimously ban Yw? I'll even get roofer and kenji to register here and vote him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Especially the amount of games you don’t have time to play
    I have some Epic games.
    Never paid, never played.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Can we unanimously ban Yw? I'll even get roofer and kenji to register here and vote him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The last week has been the longest decade of my life.
    ##
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Trebek is a national icon, can't think of anyone aside from Gretzky that's held in higher esteem. They're like the Canadian Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross.
    Gretzky I only remember from old 80s/90s gaming mags due to ads for his hockey game. Won 5 rings or something?

If I were asked to name a US national (esp sporting since you mentioned Gretzky) icon who is almost universally respected, the first name that would pop to mind is Jordan. I'm pretty sure most English-speaking people in my circles would say the same and that visibility on Gretzky in these circles is pretty much near-zero. It may have something to do with ice hockey not actually being a popular sport in the countries I've lived in.

As for Jeopardy! It's a gameshow, except smarter and much faster than everything else that typically likes to stretch out a handful of questions into a an episode.
    Maybe so, since University Challenge doesn't fall into the category of something that "likes to stretch out a handful of questions into an episode". I agree that Jeopardy! is definitely much faster, and probably smarter, than Who Wants To Be a Millionaire (UK version as I have never watched the US version).

In which case, I will have done what your last several Presidents could not: Unite the extreme left, the extreme right, and the rubber knife fight club dudes. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Gretzky I only remember from old 80s/90s gaming mags due to ads for his hockey game. Won 5 rings or something?

If I were asked to name a US national (esp sporting since you mentioned Gretzky) icon who is almost universally resp...
    [Kanye]Imma let you finish, imma let you finish...[/Kanye]
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Is this where you interject and talk about Dale Earnhardt?

Junior Potato
    Actually if I was to name great Americans it would go something like this:

*Star Spangled Banner plays softly in the background*

Neil Armstrong
    JFK
    Thomas Jefferson
    Abraham Lincoln
    Carl Sagan
    Stanley Kubrick
    Richard Feynman
    Wilbur and Orville Wright

Both Trebek and Wretsky are Canadian National Treasures.
    acket.

Hockey's not popular in the United States (it's considered as part of the '4 major sports' but I feel it ranks behind NASCAR, MMA, college football, college basketball, ... maybe even soccer?)
    I don't know that hockey is popular anywhere that's not cold (Canada, Scandinavia, north Russia and far northern USA)