Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 eff yeah

Eh '19 was worse personally. I'd like April 2015 back tho

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    2011 was a great vintage in the Faulty Vineyards.
    acket.

'06-'09 (The Simpsons years) were tops for me. Great job and workplace that paid well. We did lots of outdoor activities then. We miss the southwest. I was in the best shape of my life from cycling to work (20 km) every day.

I passed the bar exam and then my dog died a little over a week later. I'm all over the place emotionally right now.

Plans I had for 2020:

Keep the wife from dying of cancer.
    Sell the old house.
    Move.
    Renovate the 'new' house.
    Pet my dog.
    Start a law firm.
    Race cars.

So far so good I guess.

We will get used to the "new normal" and I honestly believe things will turn out for the better for us in other ways...

I'm trying to enjoy working from home, cleaning up my yard, my house... I don't have a big house but over the years I think we've bought way too much crap and need to sort things out and throw them away! Anyway, I particularly enjoy spending time with the wife and kid pretty much ALL THE TIME... yeah, we could get on each other's nerves at time... even our cats are probably wondering why the fuck these people are home all the time now?

Anywho, fuck the things that we can't do anymore... just trying to make the best of what I still do have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Eh '19 was worse personally. I'd like April 2015 back tho
    2015 was a great year for me on so many levels. I wish I could re-live it. Probably the last great year I’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    2015 was a great year for me on so many levels. I wish I could re-live it. Probably the last great year I’ve had.
    I know it was for me, up until August. Was still in Japan up until then. This just reminded me of the end part of horizon zero dawn

Asked a chick out, got shot down.

Found an engine for the car. Car is still broken. Jeep is still broken.

Garage is still on hold. Hours are slowly being knocked back.

2020 has been ultimately full of meh. Followed by twiddling thumbs.

This year has definitely been challenging on many levels for me. Trying to balance a school schedule, work, and cancer treatment has been interesting to say the least. I'm not working right now because of the virus and school will be extended into the summer if we ever open back up. I'm over the uncertainty and being immunocompromised is added stress to every thing. I'm looking forward to when we can all go out and play.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Things are basically normal/same old for us. Outside of work the only thing different is that wifey doesn't/can't do her sports while in lockdown, and we don't go on random drives etc. We're normally at home more than we're not, when not working, so it doesn't seem so unusual for us.

Work wise we're still employed and have enough work to keep us going at this stage, although there's an overtime ban for every employee at the moment i think. Which is fine, because i get to go home early every day.