Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 eff yeah

Caitlin's cancer treatments are over (knock on wood), then this pandemic happened, of course. So all of our post treatment travel plans have been cancelled hah (first world problems). Thankfully, we're both still employed due to the nature of both of our jobs. A bit nervous about mine, since I assume there will be government spending changes in the coming years, which could impact the contracts I support, we'll see. We moved into a new apartment with a shit ton of light, so that might be the saving grace right now in terms of going stir crazy. I miss traveling, photography, and basketball like I can't explain right now. Speaking of, on the latter, my body has definitely been breaking down in terms of joint pains as I approach 40... I need to find a new form of exercise that isn't as damaging, and that I enjoy... that's been a struggle.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Investing in gym equipment might not be as inconvenient as it once seemed. You know, in the distant past.
    acket.

Administrator
    At least in our case, it might be harder than you expect since apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. My wife wanted to get a peloton and they said the soonest they could ship one out was over two months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    I know it was for me, up until August. Was still in Japan up until then. This just reminded me of the end part of horizon zero dawn
    2015 started out shaky for me. Business and finance related worries were strong early in the year, but disappeared after a few months. By the summer I rediscovered my love for baseball, and it was a blast for three months watching the Blue Jays.

Went out and partied a lot. I even met Bret “The Hitman” Hart that year on the street. He seemed like a genuine good guy in person. It was one of those unforgettable years. I often look back on my NYE pictures, (going into 2016), and think my god that was the last time I was truly happy. Legal problems, (which I’ve detailed in another thread), started literally on January 2nd, 2016.

2016 was horrid due to the onset of the legal shit, and 2018 was even worse with the conclusion of that shit, plus I lost a close friend that year. 2017 and 2019 were decent. Recently it seems like the odd years are good to me, the even ones not so much. Who knows WTF 2020 is truly going to bring.

So far hanging in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    At least in our case, it might be harder than you expect since apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. My wife wanted to get a peloton and they said the soonest they could ship one out was over two months later.
    This fucking year has warped our understanding of time.
    acket.

Im out of work - wasnt doing that many hours, but it means no extra income and a lot less social interaction.
    But Ive also moved from home to live with my sister and brother in law to help them out, she doesnt drive and he is health compromised. So we are taking isolation pretty seriously.
    Which means Ive had 5 weeks of living with other people - thats a big change for me. I get on really well with both of them and would normally spend a few weeks a year with them, just not so many and not all in a row.
    Im not a big "go out" person. I catch up with some friends maybe once a week, which isnt happening now except via Zoom.

All up - the biggest change for me is being around people (well just the same two) a lot more.
    A big plus is my sisters place is a remote property in the mountains - so lots of space. Getting out a lot more than I would in my suburb.

There might be a new outbreak of the zoonotic Nipah virus in the state of Kerala, India.
    acket.

Hooray?

As long as we don’t have a new outbreak in the US, I think the world should be pretty safe at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    As long as we don’t have a new outbreak in the US, I think the world should be pretty safe at this point...
    That doesn't sound like you're under the influence. As per the rules.

Come on, get to it.
    acket.