Thread: XBOX Steering Wheel

Question XBOX Steering Wheel

I'm quite enjoying Nascar Heat 4 (and 5's out soon) but using a controller really limits my enjoyment. Pondering "investing" in a wheel to make driving games - not just NH4 - more enjoyable.

Doing some basic research I've arrived at a Logitech G920 or a Thrustmaster TMX Pro. Is one better than the other? Am I missing something else? Happy to look at things at a similar price point.

Thrustmaster has the better wheel, Logitech has the better pedals.

So, I should prioritise the wheel over the pedals? I do note the shifter add-on is a lot cheaper for the logitech.

Junior Potato
    I haven’t tried the TM wheel but I can tell you the Logitech sometimes feels very rickety and toy-like, based on my time using the near-identical G29, but that largely depends on the game being played. For example it felt good in GTS, Dirt Rally and Assetto, but crap in F1 2019 and Race Room.

But on the flip side they are bulletproof and very dependable. And yes the pedals are solid. If you can put up with an occasionally rattly FFB thanks to its gear driven mechanism then you’ll have a good time.

I'll be primarily playing Nascar, with maybe a bit of Project Cars and Forza. Given most oval racing his flat out for the majority, do I put wheel ahead of pedals?

Hmm. But logitech shifter is £40 where as the TM one is £140!

I guess *anything* is better than a controller, so, I won't notice the rickety-ness for sometime. Maybe.

Funny enough I was just doing this same research yesterday. I was also looking at the Fanatec designs, understanding that they are a bit pricey.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a seat as well?

Like I wonder what Cuda's setup entails.....

If Cuda has the wheel I remember, the Thrustmaster TGT, then there isn't an XBox-compatible model.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t-gt

It has *4* rotary knobs, which would be amazing for making adjustments while driving a modern race car, but no, XBox users can't use it *cry*
    Get that weak shit off my track

That looks trick!

Think I've decided on the Logitech, but the prices of wheels in the UK are suffering a covid tax. I'll see what prices are like next month.

Junior Potato
    The 2nd-hand market in my region is pretty bare too. At Christmas there were heaps of cheap Thrustmasters and Logitechs for sale when everyone was upgrading. Then COVID hit and lots of aspiring sim racers were suddenly finding themselves at home with nothing to do and bought up all the equipment.

Right now the Fanatec Owners Australia group on Facebook is full of cunts complaining about how long it’s taking for their orders to ship