Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I haven't been doing much of the grinding out credits stuff that others have, but just did the 700PP 30 minute race at Le Mans in my Alfa 156. Was actually kinda fun dealing with weather and fuel, and despite a few offs and a couple of collisions, I still got the clean race bonus for $825K. There might be a way to earn enough money to at least buy a few cars, so that's exciting.
    This sounds suspiciously like work, which is the antithesis of fun.

Administrator
    It somewhat is, but it significantly less like work than doing other races that pay out like 30K. At least I actually enjoyed this race. I imagine I'll feel differently after I've done it enough times, but on the first go around it was one of the better times I've had with the game so far and it actually paid out well, so win-win.

Administrator
    Gave it another shot, this time with the Tom's Supra, in the 30 minute Le Mans race. Actually brought rain tires with me, and paid attention to the weather radar, timing my pit stop to put on wet tires just before the rain arrived. Was going great. Ended up with about .2 laps worth of fuel and 2:35 left in the race, so dashed in for dry tires and some more fuel.

Managed to accidentally hit the button and set it to not refuel the car. Spent the next 20 or so seconds watching my little pit crew sit there while I frantically tried to figure out if there's a way to go back and change that. Then watched my car pull in, get new tires, and take off sans fuel.

It's a little too easy to accidentally say you don't want to refuel...

Administrator
    One of the things that I've hated about the economy in this game is that it's made me really hesitant to buy *any* car, for fear that I wouldn't have enough money when I car I really wanted showed up. Thankfully the regular money flow from the Le Mans endurance race has at least given me a feedback loop, I keep buying Gr.4 cars that'll qualify for it for less than what I get winning it, and then I keep trying with that car until I do win, and usually end up a couple million richer. I get a new car, I end up with more money. Huzzah.

Had some trouble getting the Viper GTS-R to win. Lots of bad luck with rain, in one it looked like it was going to be a deluge, so I pitted early and put on full wets. Then it waited two laps to rain, by the end of which my tires were absolutely demolished. Finally got it after judicious use of racing softs when it wasn't raining - the Viper just didn't have the grunt for the long straights, but tearing the shit out of those soft tires on the dry laps made up the difference.

I'm so happy I found a spot where I'm in this positive feedback loop with the game. I hope they have more of this. The roulette things are still bullshit though.

Junior Potato
    I haven't played since month 1 of release. I really want the F1 GTR and that's it. I know it has already cycled through, and I didn't have the credits for it at the time. If I had played it for 25 hours a day for 7 straight days I would have had the money by the time the 4 days of availability had expired.

I'll probably get the car eventually. My iRacing account will have lapsed and I would have *literally* no other racing sim to enjoy on my PC or on any consoles to enable me to have the spare time to finish the cafe menu races and begrudgingly wade into the endgame content. All it requires is for me to get off my arse and unplug my rig from the PC and plug it into the PS4.

All it requires is for me to get off my arse and unplug my rig from the PC and plug it into the PS4.

Junior Potato
    Watkins Glen is on its way.

As is the Escudo Pike’s Peak.

And some other stuff.

Administrator
    There's a nice little glitch with the newest update. If you finish off the new extra menus in the cafe (basically owning the three right cars finishes it), you can the go to the cafe, go to "My Collection", then "Extra Menus" at the bottom, and click on any one of them, actually start it, and then just power through the whole speed by the cafe owner until the end, and you get the prize again. You can stock up on NSX rally cars if you want with the Honda one, but with the Toyota one you get a 4 star raffle ticket and with the Rotary one you get a 6 star all-engine-swap ticket each time you do this.

EDIT: You don't have to go through the whole speech apparently. Choose to start the menu and you get that scapes shot with the three cars in question and a little overlay telling you which menu it is, wait a second or so, and then hit O to back out of that. I've seen some people saying it just keeps working, but so far I've had to restart the game a few times between attempts to get it to keep working for me.

EDIT 2: You don't need to restart if you do them one at a time. Go into the extra menus, "start" the toyota one, go out to the garage to collect the 4-star, go into the extra menus, "start" the rotary one, go to the garage to collect the 6-star engine, rinse and repeat. It's a little annoying, but hey, lotsa engine swaps that are basically unlikely to ever be available to most players.

Well, I've had GT7 for a little while now and playing a few times a week. Finished all the main menus so trying to get through the "Human Comedy" driving missions but bloody hell, some of them are hard. I haven't come even close to winning any of them, and there's others where I know if I have one big spin I might as well re-start.

Administrator
    Yeah, I had to get through the Audi Quattro rally one on the second set of missions to get the '90 RX-7 you need for the glitch. It's beyond frustrating when the autopilot AI cars crash into you and you get disqualified for it.

I finally won a car in a roulette spin. Some kind of newer Shelby Mustang.