Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I dunno if the livery editor sucks or it's just me. Trying to put stripes over the top of the car, etc. is super frustrating

Junior Potato
    It's just you...

If you need any help I am very experienced with the livery editor. Shoot any questions to me if you want.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    the biggest problem is that the vinyls just randomly disappear when I move them (and I don't mean over the hood) but just, left to right on the bumper, etc. zoom in, zoom out, they just disappear). Note: I'm on PS4 Pro, not sure if it works better on PS5

editor things that suck:

can't group layers -- this is my biggest beef
    can't flat edit a side
    can't rename layers
    decals disappear arbitrarily when resizing

Junior Potato
    PS4 and PS5 editors should be identical.

For the issue of disappearing layers, you need to adjust the 'depth' of the layer. To do this, go to the menu where you can change the layer colours, etc. On the very left of this menu is an option called Projection Range.

Inside this menu are two sliders: limit angle and limit depth. Increase the depth limit between 0 and 10 and it should stop the layer from disappearing when you move or scale it.

The reason the layer disappears is because a layer is 'projected' like a shadow onto the surface from a certain angle, and there is a z-axis depth limit to the projection of the layer to stop it showing up on areas where you intend for it to appear. For example, if you were to place a blank square on the door of a car, you would not expect it to show up on the opposite side. However, if you increase the angle and depth limit to 10 for both you will actually see it on the other side of the car (which is a good cheap way to place symmetrical designs that save layers and system memory space).

When you place a layer and scale it up to large sizes, or move it far away from the 0,0 x and y coordinates of its original placement, it will wind up moving outside the z coordinate limit and disappear. Increasing the depth limit will give you more flexibility.

You can also use angle and depth limits to prevent layers from wrapping around corners or on the inside of air intakes by going between -10 and 0.

I'm a 'First Gear' Driver's Club member at Hagerty since I have a vehicle insured with them and no sign of a GT7 voucher code anywhere

Administrator
    Boy, do I suck at the rallying.

Never mind, got my McLaren.

Suck it, plebs!

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    These changes don't really look that substantial. The exorbitant prices for the cars are the same. Even if some of the event payouts increase 100% that only halves the amount of time you have to grind for it. Look at it individually:

Currency related:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
    Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
    Increase of rewards in Online Races.
    Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
    Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
    Make it so cars can be sold.

Content related, not a fix to the problem but not a negative:

Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
    Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
    Further World Circuit event additions.
    Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
    Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top-ranked time.

The three items in bold I see as partial solutions to the microtransaction concern. I say three because 'increase rewards' is repeated over and over but is the same idea, just expressed in a long list to make it appear more than it is.
    The rest is unrelated fluff. Do you believe they weren't planning on adding more races, tracks, and cars but decided to do so because people are mad at microtransactions? They're just giving more stuff to grind on.

It's nice they're being responsive, and maybe they'll get it right eventually. But high praise for these meager bread crumbs is really surprising to me. I know I'm a cynic but I would have thought given the vast amount of experience and relatively high age of this group that this would have been looked at more critically.
    Needs more marketing

Adding races to missions... does this mean you only get the money once, the first time you beat it?