Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

That looks awesome RWA

That ae86 is tits

Junior Potato
    Thanks guys

Junior Potato
    Something has been bothering me about the single player progression. Having the cafe with menus is good and all - those little goals to achieve are nice. But I think they should have been optional.

What Iím missing is seeing all of the races laid out before you all at once and being spoilt for choice. One thing I used to do in GT was pick a car to start with and then see how far I could get into the game and still win races without having to buy upgrades or a whole other car.

In the past it made the initial car choice much more consequential. Now in GT7 youíre given cars as prizes for little effort and these cars are ideal for the next part of the incredibly linear GT Mode. Iím no longer becoming attached to any particular car because youíre quickly asked to forget it and move to the next thing.

Iím only up to menu 11 or 12 (starting to do some North American stuff) so I donít know what the late-game looks like, but I do want to see an array of choices again. Whereís my Boxer Cup? The FR Challenge? Grand Valley 300? Italian themed races? Manufacturer stuff or or one-make races? I want to be tasked with having to source my own car for an event and deciding which upgrades would be appropriate, rather than bring handed three cars that will allow you to win and donít need modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    One thing I used to do in GT was pick a car to start with and then see how far I could get into the game and still win races without having to buy upgrades or a whole other car.

In the past it made the initial car choice much more consequential. Now in GT7 you’re given cars as prizes for little effort and these cars are ideal for the next part of the incredibly linear GT Mode. I’m no longer becoming attached to any particular car because you’re quickly asked to forget it and move to the next thing.
    I want to be tasked with having to source my own car for an event and deciding which upgrades would be appropriate, rather than bring handed three cars that will allow you to win and don’t need modification.
    I agree. I also prefer to pick cars myself for races, so that's what I do, leaving the prizes mostly in the garage.

EG I bought a Viper (Mk1) for the American races, painted it blue and stickered it up with the white stripes in the livery editor, fitted SS tyres, and am enjoying the nostalgia of sliding it around Deep Forest and Trial Mountain.

Generally so far I've been able to build up a stable of a few of my favourite cars which cover most of the requirements - A110, DC2, BRZ, FD, Viper - and drive these most of the time.

I agree that it's more effort to opt out of the default prize cars, but it is an available option.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Something has been bothering me about the single player progression. Having the cafe with menus is good and all - those little goals to achieve are nice. But I think they should have been optional.

What I’m missing is seeing all of the races laid out before you all at once and being spoilt for choice. One thing I used to do in GT was pick a car to start with and then see how far I could get into the game and still win races without having to buy upgrades or a whole other car.

In the past it made the initial car choice much more consequential. Now in GT7 you’re given cars as prizes for little effort and these cars are ideal for the next part of the incredibly linear GT Mode. I’m no longer becoming attached to any particular car because you’re quickly asked to forget it and move to the next thing.

I’m only up to menu 11 or 12 (starting to do some North American stuff) so I don’t know what the late-game looks like, but I do want to see an array of choices again. Where’s my Boxer Cup? The FR Challenge? Grand Valley 300? Italian themed races? Manufacturer stuff or or one-make races? I want to be tasked with having to source my own car for an event and deciding which upgrades would be appropriate, rather than bring handed three cars that will allow you to win and don’t need modification.
    Agreed, it's more frustrating the farther along in the "cafe" mode I get also....I still haven't unlocked all of the possible tracks. Also, it makes it feel like you have to do cafe stuff in order to make any progression. It would have been fine for like 3-4 activities total, but so much of this game is tied into that right now. Also, there's silly things like "Go put a spoiler on your car and come back"...really?

I hope they get feedback and make some structure changes, it wouldn't be difficult to do.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Administrator
    I normally like to play the way RWA describes, but I'm also really enjoying the whole cafe thing. I agree it should be optional though.

Junior Potato
    I wouldnít mind feature unlocks still being linked to it. I just donít like how linear it is.

Junior Potato
    Oh! The STANCE!

I've decided I am going to buy random cool cars and just add widened arches and all the body kit stuff (plus a set of wheels, fully lowered race tune suspension, roll cage and a real quick lick of paint) when I reach certain credits milestones.

I just reached 1 mil and bought this 930. Next I will get to 1.5 mil and do another one, then 2 mil, and so-on.

Ooof! *bites lip*

Continuing to want to merge GT7 and FM7, both games get some things right much more than others.

For example, I wanted to run some races last night with an Integra Type R I spent way too much time and money modifying, so I went into the ‘custom race’ mode, and found I couldn’t do anything to set my opponents to be realistic/appropriate in terms of vehicle selection makeup. Really frustrating. FM7 for example lets you set things like “Japanese Compact” or PI limits, etc

And on the modifying part, it’s frustrating how little info is given on some of the parts, so I end up ‘wasting’ money trying to figure out details.

I love the way the game feels, I love the presentation, and I really enjoy all the historical info the game gives about cars/manufacturers. But god damn do they need someone to shake the devs, so many little things can be done to improve the game greatly.