Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

It's mostly from not really being able to sense where my wheels are with the g29 in a slide.

full lsd is, i think, way more important in 7 than ever before. it's my go to taming method.

lsd to 15/40/25
    rear negative camber 2.7ish
    ballast balancing

all more effective than before.

also, has anyone successfully used nitrous? wanted to see if i could break 250 in my most powerful car (the murcielago) and discovered some weird issues. couldn't modify the race gears at all, or, i could but they behaved the same no matter how i set them, and i couldn't trigger nitrous at all.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Here's a list of the updated used car lots etc. that someone compiles daily:

https://ddm999.github.io/gt7info/
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Administrator
    Finally went back to the license tests, working on IB now. It still feels like they're way, way easier than they used to be.

I see a lot of folks complaining about S10 (looks like a 917 in the rain at Spa?) on reddit, but they were also complaining a ton about the NSX one at the Suzuka hairpin and that one really wasn't all that tough.

Also, I thought the star rating of your roulette ticket thing was supposed to be related to your car collector level? I seem to remember the cafe guy telling me that at some point, but now I'm suddenly getting one-star ones again.

i finally got s10 gold this weekend and I'm not at all ashamed that the only way i stood a chance was with all assists all the way up.

first time i used breaking zones or lines, and buddy it works.

also pretty stinking happy with the way this looks on my cars:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/...36731513530515

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/...37181657582618

i had to upload as two files but easily assembled in the editor. this was the plate style on my first three cars irl.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Totally missed the apex at the 15 second mark ... you should have steered hard right.
    Yeah i stuffed that up a bit. Doesn't seem to be as much friction for the wheels to turn the car, in the air. Yet when you put a hand out of the window at 100Km/h it dances all over the place with air friction.
    PD need to work on the atmospheric physics a bit more.

1.11 update up, more used cars...picked up 4 MR2's (no, I don't have a problem)
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I see a lot of folks complaining about S10 (looks like a 917 in the rain at Spa?)
    Yes it is, and yes it is actually difficult.

It would be OK if the game let you run practice laps in those conditions with that car, but unfortunately you're stuck with an instant fail if you hit grass or a wall and have to restart the lap again. You become very, very good at navigating turn 1, and maybe turns 2, 3, and 4. Most of the lap has a nice dry line that you can take advantage of. Grippy tarmac in predictable places. DON'T touch the kerbs. But if you screw up the run to Blachimont it's another 2 minutes and and 30 seconds before you get to try it again... assuming you don't stuff up on the way there again.

By the way the back section of the track just before Blachimont, as you will know, is a high energy corner taken at near-top speed, so you need lots of lateral grip. And it just so happens that the track is wet all the way across the racing line in odd unpredictable patches right around the point where you turn in, and you obviously can't take it flat-out so you need to be off the throttle, but if you're off the throttle there's less grip available for the rear tyres, which means you might actually need to be ON the throttle, but only a little bit, but no too much that you wheel spin.

Good luck

Regarding S-10, I don't think you get rain or intermediate tires either.

I wish they would let you adjust some settings for those tests. I thought in one of the previous GT games they did let you adjust settings for some of the license tests
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com