Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Okay, so custom races are all but dead to me now after discovering just how bad the rubberbanding is the other night.

I entered the 20 car custom race in my standard Mk.III Supra (less than 300hp?) and the rest of the field was mixed hp, a few standard cars (Mk.IV Supra, S4 RX-7, Fiat 500 for sh1ts and giggles and so on) and a few modified cars (700hp+ R32 GT-R, R33 GT-R, Mitsi GTO, Ford GT etc) and a few super sports cars (two Ferraris, a few Porsches) and a couple of race cars (Castrol Tom's Supra).

My desire was that if i set the laps high enough (usually about five or six laps - this recorded race i did just for YouTube, with half the amount of laps) that my faster cars would eventually lap me, and i was also keen to see how the faster cars would fare against each other. I tried this on Fuji short, Tsukuba and HSR.

I also changed the AI difficulty to hard in the main menu (usually have it on easy) and in the custom race menu i selected professional difficulty.

At the start everyone rocketed off under full power, just as i hoped they would, but then BEFORE the first corner on High Speed Ring they were already starting to drive at 95% throttle plus there was a driving aid (not sure what aid it is for) symbol constantly flashing for the entirety of the rest of the race for most of the field (which you can actually hear in the vid, the tyres are constantly chirping on most cars). They all slowed DRAMATICALLY, especially around corners, and in the end my less than 300hp Supra, on the HIGH Speed Ring track, ended up in fvcking third place...

What a load of utter horse shit.

Polyphony Digital employees and/or Kazunori Yamauchi; On the very slim off chance you're reading this, GET RID OF THE DAMN RUBBERBANDING AI!! Or at least give us the option to turn it off in custom races!

Starting to hate this game all over again. It's still a weird feeling, actually hating a GT game.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; May 2nd, 2022 at 10:15 PM.

Junior Potato
    Bruh.

If you want more difficult racing you should try multiplayer, or a different game.

We should all know by now that GT is a lost cause when it comes to racing against AI.

I'm just such a big fan of the series that i hate seeing it continually get worse. Which is why i get a bit too 'emotional' like in my above post.

It used to be great, but then over the past few games they start dumbing it down more and more, and 'assisting' the AI or the player (keeping them close to you, like in arcade games) and so on.

The AI in Sport i thought was probably their best work yet (until the update that made them brake randomly if you got too close), and they've screwed it up with GT7. And increased the rubberbanding. And stuffed the car handling. Made a mess of career mode (don't fix what isn't broken seems like something they haven't heard before). Etcetera.

Forza is about the only other car game i play (tried Project Cars 1 & 2, couldn't get used to the handling), and i prefer Horizon over Motorsport, even though i usually buy both. I think i've got every Motorsport game and every Horizon game except for FH5 (i didn't feel like paying full price for it, and haven't completed FH3 or FH4 to my satisfaction yet).

And in terms of more difficult racing, i can't really play online games against randoms anymore because my anxiety has gotten worse over the past couple years and i find it too stressful racing/gaming with people i don't know and my heart goes all mental, so for my health's sake i had to give up most online gaming (it got so bad that in real life i couldn't even eat in restaurants anymore, go to the movies and other such things for a while, because i kept having panic attacks).
    I also decided to play all games on the easiest possible mode to reduce my stress levels (not possible in some games though).

Long story short, GT to me is like the hair on my head. It was once great, but it's slowly fading away and soon there'll be a big gap where it used to be so healthy. I don't want it to go, but i'm basically helpless.

Junior Potato
    Ahh I get ya. Sorry to hear about the anxiety.

One thing I did in the first week of GT7 was set up a race with GT3 cars, max difficulty and smallest rolling start it would allow me.

It was very, very difficult. I suggest you give it a go!

If you're having trouble setting it up and getting the same result I did, I'll fire up the PS4 and see if I can get the race settings for you.

Cheers. I think the meds i'm on now are helping. Just taking things slow at the mo and it seems to be working okay.

The custom races i've done in the past haven't been too bad as i've been in a car either slightly slower than the rest, the same or more powerful than other cars, not such a huge handicap like in my clip above. I think that's what got me really, knowing that there's severe rubberbanding if you're in a significantly slower car. But yeah, i'll still create custom races, i just won't bother trying to set up huge handicap ones now i know they don't work.

But what i will be doing in future races is keeping a close eye on the AI in replays to see if they are slowing to wait up or speeding to keep up.

hey at least its more than 6 cars.

for grinding money i have enjoyed the 15 lap race at sardegna. down-tune a gr1 car and its pretty fun. challenging enough in some cars that you aren't drooling by the end, but easy enough that a bad corner or spin isn't going to end the day. it's 485k but guaranteed clean race makes it 720. takes 24-26 minutes with a one stop.

if you want to start low-key low-stress friendly racing im up for it. I'm no fan of the rando lobbies.
    Last edited by tcheph; May 6th, 2022 at 05:35 AM.

Yeah I race with a clean league. I’d be down for some gtx member racing.

Administrator
    Would also be down, but it'll still feel weird not just uploading replays from a dexdrive.

Been awhile since the dexdrive days

Might be hard to find the right time to race GTX'ers given most of you are in the USA or thereabouts, but i think from memory i've online gamed with some of you early or mid afternoon here. Or morning. Or lunchtime.

Anyway. With all the talk of S-10 licence from many GT players, i really wasn't looking forward to it. I think the first time i managed to get across the line i'd got a silver time (after maybe 15-20 attempts to get a lap done without spinning) and the second or maybe third time (although i think it was the second) i managed to complete another lap, it was a gold time just below that of RWA i think. I uploaded my replay to the GT7 server/online thingy if anyone wants to take a mosey at it.

It was definitely NOT a clean lap, and i'd been a lot faster and smoother on many other attempts only to end up spinning near the end. So i think i can probably be half a second or more faster if i got a tidy lap in. But after trying it for an hour or so i figured i was just happy with the gold.

I 'cheated' and used TCS on 1 and ASM.