Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    In other news, enjoyable set of videos about the first four GT games (and similar racing games) from Digital Foundry.

Thanks for the link, those were the games.

Administrator
    Haven't been playing every day or tracking that long, but for my own curiosity I've been keeping track of how often the roulette wheel thing gives me the "lowest amount of cash" prize out of the 5. So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.

Haven't been playing every day or tracking that long, but for my own curiosity I've been keeping track of how often the roulette wheel thing gives me the "lowest amount of cash" prize out of the 5. So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.
    In the entire time I've played I've only gotten one million credit spin on the wheel. Still no cars won, 90+ percent of the spins end with the smallest monetary prize. Have won a crankshaft for the Crown pace car though, which is cool I guess...

I won a engine for an RX7…which is probably realistically something a RX7 owner might eventually need.

So far, we're at 14 out of 20 times.
    Thats good!

My first few non-lowest cash were all "invites" for things I couldn't afford.

Administrator
    I haven't been doing much of the grinding out credits stuff that others have, but just did the 700PP 30 minute race at Le Mans in my Alfa 156. Was actually kinda fun dealing with weather and fuel, and despite a few offs and a couple of collisions, I still got the clean race bonus for $825K. There might be a way to earn enough money to at least buy a few cars, so that's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I won a engine for an RX7…which is probably realistically something a RX7 owner might eventually need.
    Whaaaaa? So, you don't earn like a generic upgrade, you earn an upgrade for a specific vehicle you might or might not own or have any interest in owning?
    That's um ... on the face of it, potentially one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in a game.

Yep. Very dumb. I’ve won a few stupid upgrade parts like nitrous etc for cars I don’t even own.

I haven't been doing much of the grinding out credits stuff that others have, but just did the 700PP 30 minute race at Le Mans in my Alfa 156. Was actually kinda fun dealing with weather and fuel, and despite a few offs and a couple of collisions, I still got the clean race bonus for $825K. There might be a way to earn enough money to at least buy a few cars, so that's exciting.
    There is a Sardegna Road race for 800pp cars that gives you $750k and it takes about 25-27mins. That one is fun also.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Yeah the lottery winning engine for swaps system is stupid and can't tell what engines "fit" into what cars.

Someone did find that you can put the V8 from the Audi R8 into the 2nd gen MR2...which IS something at least 2 people have done in real life.