Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Yeah I usually end up doing the Le Man 700pp 30min race for 1 mil or the Sardegna Road 800pp race for 850k which is usually around 25mins. I have failed LeMans a couple of times due to getting caught out in weather at the wrong time. Or trying to guess the correct weather and failing.

I tried it yesterday and quit twice. Once because I didn’t have any sort of wet tires purchased. Thought I could tough it out but ended in the wall many times. The next time I used a different car and had wets available. Started on hards…after lap 2 it started raining so I pit for wets. Ended up pulling a 2min lead. It started clearing up and the sky was getting blue so I jumped in the pits for hards while it was still a little wet on track. Came out of the pits and it started pouring down. The meter was over 75%. The car would not go over 60mph before it would just aquaplane uncontrollably no matter the throttle or steering. I ended up crashing several times and the pack blew past me.

I have yet to get a 6 star ticket that wasn’t a useless car part for a car I probably don’t own.

So, what's the verdict, junk and not worth the money?

I want to engine swap, tbh. Has anyone figured that shit out yet?

These guys talk about this video game like it's a second job. What do you think?

Administrator
    I haven't touched it in months.

I enjoy my time doing Gr3 and Gr4 online races at my friend's house at most once a week. But my cost doesn't go over pizza and gas money, so I'm not much help on the value proposition.

I guess what I'm saying is have a friend that gets the game.

When I have time I play to get driving marathon miles in and a roulette car. The kids like doing the licence tests.

I only play it for the online league I've been in for years. But every week there are new combos which sometimes forces me to buy a new vehicle....which forces me to earn credits for said vehicles.

Sounds like a pass to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I have failed LeMans a couple of times due to getting caught out in weather at the wrong time.
    Yeah it can be a pain.
    Ive had races where I only used slicks, had others where I used full wets. Mostly can get by with Inters and maybe extra careful for a lap.
    Today I came second after having a nice 30+ second lead, pushed my inters probably an extra 2 laps till they were dead, hoping to then just do 1 stop and come home on hard - got on the hards and heavy rain came that lap. Someone behind me managed to stay on their Inters and never pitted again - 2nd by 10 seconds.
    Yeah its an hour, but I find it a good challenge to drive in the changing conditions. Plus credits. And seems impossible to not get the "clean race bonus" no matter how many times I hit someone.