Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione - (Console Release)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Assetto Corsa Competizione - (Console Release)

WOOOOOO! Pretty excited to get my hands on it. Though I know my OG XBone will be at the bottom of the barrel from a looks department, but from what I have read it runs really well on consoles and is still fun to play.

Let's get this party started.

Looking forward to your thoughts on controller gameplay on the OG XBone!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    A hot take from our favourite GT Rivals champion (sorry CudaMan)

As he says: physics first, graphics second. It looks good in a stable 30fps, although I'd like to see a higher quality capture than Perel's livestream. Of course 60+fps is better but what do you want out of a $300 console compared to a $1500 PC?

And this isn't the end of the road for ACC on console. We have the prospect of next-gen cross-compatibility on the cards, and Kunos' great track record when it comes to support and improvements to their games post-launch.

On top of this the paid-online subscriptions that console players have available through Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus allow a wider availability of ranked competition servers, which are extremely limited on the PC side. This detail has been lost in the controversy over the lack of private server racing at launch, which PC players do have access to (though as I understand it, it is not free, but I could be wrong).

I already have it on PC so I don't need to buy it, but I'm glad that others get to experience this very deep and engaging racing sim on consoles. It's not quite the same magnitude as porting iRacing to consoles, but I see this game as the first in the true next generation of racing sims beyond the aging iRacing platform, so there is that.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; June 24th, 2020 at 04:33 AM.

Junior Potato
    Here's another hot take, this time from TheKie25, one of the best GT Sport players around. Skip to 1hr 52mins for a race in the rain, at night, on Spa Franorchamps.

It's very graphically intensive, and I wouldn't be surprised of the whole game was baselined on this weather configuration. Looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnHf2IxAiU0&t=0s

And here's a shed dweller's opinion.

Suggested controller settings from a Redditor I've raced with on Forza:

Deadzone: 0
    Speed Sensitivity: 30
    Steer Filter: 70
    Steer Speed: 1
    Steer Gamma: 2.5

"You have to be really smooth with the steering at 1
    I would say keep all the assists on to start as well
    At least till you get the feel for it"
    Last edited by Kchrpm; June 29th, 2020 at 03:25 AM.

Junior Potato
    I just use the factory assists. All these cars have ABS and TC in real life anyway. There’s no shame in using them.

I think my best way of putting it is, remember the Codemasters game TOCA 2? It was not great graphically compared to GT but it's specificity towards a specific racing series allowed it to really hone in on what made the series great and that led to really great game to play.

That's how I see ACC. Graphically, yeah, not good at all. Like 15 years old graphically, looks a lot like GT4. And I think it actually gets worse online. But man, it is great to play. The sounds are just wonderful. The downshifts, the upshifts, the sound of the brakes, the engine sounds, the whining of the gearbox, the sound of rocks hitting the car. Everything is there to immerse yourself.

This is coming from a person playing on an OG Xbone with a controller. I'm thinkin it only gets better with a wheel. Hopefully they release a version for the XSX and PS5 that can be 60FPS and 1080P. Then this game will be truly great on the console.

How's this going a couple months in?

I honestly haven't touched it. It's fun but I just don't have the time to put into it.

Plus a wheel is basically mandatory to be consistently competitive.