Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How have you grown from the current tension?

Are you raking in the cash?

I've ... grown less patient with Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Are you raking in the cash?
    I’m pulling down about $40 a month.

Mighty Canadian dollars? That's like AU$42!!

Im unemployed and actually getting govt support - thats a first for me.
    Also spent this time living with my sister and bro-in-law, while normally I live alone. So Ive had to get used to living with people, even if its people I get on with really well.
    Its odd now that its ending here. Im about to head back "home" for the weekend and even go to a football match. Got season tickets and this is their first home game and crowd since covid hit. Still had a ballot to pick which ticket holders could go, I think they are limited to 1/4 of normal. Then staying in Sydney for a week, help sister with some medical appointments. Also possibly catch up with some friends.
    Will be very odd to go back to what was normal life - my house, going to football and seeing friends. Not sure if Im excited, Ive actually gotten used to lockdown in a remote location.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Congrats! I just passed 7K.
    Oh look at the influencers over here

I've enhanced my life where I could.

I've been able to eat lunch and dinner with the wife, each and every day at the dining room table. It's been a nice tradition that we started, and not something we normally could do if we weren't both working from home. We talk about our day, or sometimes if we're not feeling chatty... we each have a box of Trivial Pursuit card (from 1996) and quiz each other. In case you were wondering... 24 year old Trivial Pursuit "factoids" really lose some of their relevance... but that's half the challenge... trying to think of what the answer might of been a quarter of a century ago.

I've also tried a new running routine. I talk about it at length in the "I Workout" thread, but the basic jist is that I've been able to run 11 miles a day for 15 weeks straight thus far.

Administrator
    I wish I could say I've done something to really improve my life. I guess I've gotten a bit better at the guitar, and am occasionally doing programming for fun, though I got stymied trying to set up a kubernetes cluster in GCP when it turns out Google wanted to charge me $72 a month just for the cluster's existence, that's outside of any usage my actual apps would generate. Seems like a lot for a web app that lets you know what's available at any given moment in Animal Crossing.

I miss my bike commute and haven't found a good replacement for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post

I've been able to eat lunch and dinner with the wife, each and every day at the dining room table.
    Aw, man, this sounds really nice. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Hi, JSG!!!

My mom is kind of a tech Luddite, but this pandemic meant she learned the ins and outs of Zoom before I even knew what it was. We, as a family, had missed the video call trend until the pandemic. Now, my brother, mom and I have video chats over Facebook Messenger. In that sense, we communicate in a closer way than we ever did before.

And this pandemic also galvanized our disgust with the current socioeconomic situation we face. I'm so lucky to have an immediate family who sees the iniquity and inaction the same way I do. I couldn't imagine having to deal with the stress of a parent or sibling who refuse to keep themselves safe due to conspiracy buy-in.

Any tips from anyone on how to use this crisis to build patience? That's a huge personal flaw of mine and I'm not getting better.

On a happier note, if I land a more permanent gig out of this pandemic, I'm pretty sure I've decided on a new Miata.