Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A tale of two questions.

I don't think I knew where you live, Rikadyn. I'd probably drive a Ford or similar if I lived in Michigan. I drove to Detroit (Warren) for a long weekend once from North Carolina with a friend in his GMC pickup and was amazed but not surprised at how few foreign cars I saw there. I remember passing a parking lot outside of some business in Ohio that had a sign that said Parking For American Cars Only or something similar. If I saw one, there were probably many more. Don't think I'd want to chance parking a Japanese car outside a union shop for very long.

Good luck in your search.

I'm on the west side of Michigan, also like I would care about people hating on a foreign car, the second half of my question was about my 240sx

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Hey George:

"Silly neowagon"
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Oh, yeah, those! I completely forgot about the Crosstour. I actually considered those while websurfing when I was shopping for a replacement for my old Accord but decided they weren't large enough to be a Family Truckster and all around Manly-Man Machine.

I read they were fairly speedy too, with the same V6 that powers the Pilot and Ridgeline but a lot less weight...or at least they're supposed to be faster than a Toyota Venza. That could come in handy during the Saturday night street races with the other Dads here in Stepford.

You pay a premium for Honda and Toyota, deservedly so. Their cars are known to keep going.

But its 2020. There are lots of cars that are well made and reliable. Hyundais. Kias. Malibus and Fusions. The Charger that was mentioned. (My God do I love that Pentastar/ ZF 8 speed combo. )

Personally i'm looking at/ for a VW Passat, about 5 -7 years old for about $5000. I found a couple, even put a deposit down on one, but decided I didn't want to deal with the exhaust (it sounded awful, and had a hodgepodge Pep Boys boy racer exhaust.)

As regards question 2.

Shouldn't be that hard to get the 240SX going. They're from the era of overbuilt Japanese cars.

I think he was talking about the Accord Crosstour. I think it was only sold for a few years.

OK. Might want to write off the "revive the 240SX" ideas...

First things first. I would try to turn over the engine by hand. If it won't rotate, then just leave it there.

If the engine does turn over by hand. You at least know the engine isn't locked and you should be able to get it running. That being said, sitting for 15 years, you are going to have to do a shit ton of work to make it safe to drive. That's if the frame isn't rotted to hell having sat in a yard for 15 years.