Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My 240sx

Good luck! Sounds like things have been tough. I wouldn't feel too bad about neglecting the car though - you've probably doubled your money by doing nothing, S13s are worth a bit now I think ;-)

Do you have a plan for the rear window?

Anyway at least you've still got the car, I wish I'd kept the Silvia I had in Japan

Good luck, it's going to be a very cool car once it's up and running

Got battery, connected nothing caught fire or smoked so that's good.

Bad is that not getting anything at the starter, found out we didn't reconnect it, reconnected it, still nothing. Need to get a multimeter, but figuring my work order is

Check ground for starter
    Bypass clutch interlock
    Drop starter bench test /replace
    Check ign switch. Though it does look like it is working at the switch

Clutch pedal drops to the floor, but not really surprised...

Follow this order.

Is the ignition powering up the dash lights?
    Do gauge lights turn off when you turn key to start?
    Do you hear any starter solenoid activation, like a click or anything?

I have had enough starter problems to know the basics. Had to bypass the clutch interlock relay and when I heard it crank I knocked my head against the roof and let go of the key.

Ordered the part, as I don't think the paper clip jumping the relay is a long term solution

20200803_121322.jpg
    Last edited by Rikadyn; August 3rd, 2020 at 08:17 AM.

Waiting for the relay, decided to investigate the clutch pedal problem, seeing if it might just need to be bled. Well master cylinder is empty, so yea it's going to need to bleed...

20200804_121512.jpg

Well that bleeder is frozen I bet. Ordered new master and slave. Will have to see if it needs more

You're making great progress! October 23 should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    You're making great progress! October 23 should be no problem.
    We'll see, hopefully the clutch/transmission is okay for now, won't really know until I replace the master and slave. Good news is I will bypass and remove the clutch damper box which I never knew existed and seems completely useless even when new.

Bolted the relay back in place and primed the oil pump(as far as I can tell) . Going to get a 2 gallon gas can and well put gas in it tomorrow to hopefully prime the fuel system and hopefully running by Sunday.

After that, and clutch hydraulics it will be moving onto brakes I suppose, then new tires, new front and rear glass and I have a complete car at least if a little run down.

Then bushings, coilovers, exhaust >.>
    Last edited by Rikadyn; August 6th, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Nice one getting her turning over at least.

After I returned from Japan I got a 180SX, SR20DET redtop. In the process of re-jigging stuff for an FMIC, the tuner bodged the battery wiring (the guy was good on mechanicals, not so strong with electrical stuff). We set off to drive to Florence (from London), went to drive off the Chunnel train and it wouldn't start. Ended up push-starting the car a number of times. The worst was in Reims, we'd stopped in an underground car park. I just remember pushing the car round and round underground, trying to get up enough speed to get it to start - eventually we just managed it. My wife was not impressed, especially as she had to help push so I could jump in the drivers seat. Eventually in Grenoble the franchised Nissan dealer worked out the problem and re-wired the battery properly, and we could continue with our trip, although a bit delayed.

So at least you have a working starter !

Yep but I might not be getting fuel.

Pump primes or sounds like it does, I'll try to get a recording of it tomorrow. Not sure if I have enough fuel in it as only put 2g in. Also distributor cap looked like it was popped off a bit so going to have to look at that as well.

Things to do :

Check voltage at pump
    > if good get pressure gauge and check that
    >>if bad replace pump
    >>if good check injectors

Check for spark