Thread: New Car

New Car

Some of you may have seen on Facebook. Got a new car this week. Well, new used car. 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD. 305 HP, so pretty fun to drive. Can’t have too much fun...that’s when the cops tend to notice, and I’ve had enough cop and legal trouble to last a lifetime, plus insurance is still in a very delicate place right now. TL features Tech package, which is great but busy. The tech is nice, but it’s old tech compared to today. Still good though. It’s missing the blind spot indicator lights on the mirrors, (which is only available on the Advance package of that model year), and the indicators don’t blink three times when you push it up or down partially. Something I’m so used to driving my 2014 Santa Fe. Maybe there’s a setting for that. Not really sure, still have to go through the owner’s manual to fully understand it all.

I do wish it had more modern exterior cosmetics like today’s cars. It’s missing the “eye liner” LED lights above or below the headlights. But whatever, still love it. I took a 2020 TLX A-spec out for a spin last week and was in awe. Performance wise this TL is very similar to the TLX...but honestly the TLX was out of this world. Price was out of this world too, so I had to pass on it. It’s all good. I love this TL.

Finally sold my 2004 Honda Accord, which I had since 2004. Served me for 16 years. Recently it started looking it’s age and breaking down. I doubt it would’ve survived another winter. Felt a tinge of emotion come over me after I cleaned it out and did a final once over to see if I missed anything. I was actually talking to the car, thanking it for the many years of service.

So I’m happy. Rejuvenated and content. Feels nice driving a fast car, but don’t really feel the urge to race people. It’s nice to finally have a cool car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats, that looks very cool!

Between my two cars I've come to the conclusion that 300hp is a pretty good number. The SH-AWD is cool too, sounds quite GTR-ish from what I've read about it.

Good luck finding quiet unpoliced roads to have fun ;-)

Thanks man! It’s a really comfortable and enjoyable ride. I really love how it feels heavy and solid, especially compared to the old Accord. I think the chassis is the same as the 8th generation Accord. I remember I drove a 2009 Accord as a rental once, it had the same feel. No comparison in the power department though.

This is actually my first ever used car purchase. My previous cars have all been virgins. 1999 Alero and 2004 Accord were leases first, which I subsequently bought out. 2014 Santa Fe also was a straight purchase.