Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Hiatus

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Surely Mark wasn’t just banning his customers out right, but supposedly reviewing some people’s posts and controlling that somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Howard as Narrator
    He wasn't.
    There has been some action taken on Facebook. QAnon groups, Covid misinformation groups, just recently Holocaust denialism, and media companies that purposely try to circumvent Facebook's rules (like the metric crapton of Epoch Media pages that try to hide that they're from Epoch Media) have been clipped. Individual users haven't. In roofer's case, I'm guessing he posted a link to something or shared something, it wasn't text that he himself wrote. The thing he linked to or shared was flagged already and that's what triggers that.

I know a lot of people who work at Facebook. They are not reviewing people's posts or controlling access to them. For whatever reason, Trump and a lot of his fans have this warm blanket of supposed victimhood. It's like when Trump said in the 60 minutes interview that he needs social media like Twitter, otherwise how would he get his voice out there? Ignoring the fact that he's the president and can call a press conference basically whenever he wants and all of the press will show up for it, *he was on a national news program being interviewed when he said that*.

It reminds me of when people tell me something I already know about and insist that the mainstream media won't tell me about it. The mainstream media is how I knew about it, and no number of links to articles in the NY Times, Washington Post, or on any major news network will change that insistence that they are put-upon victims who are supposedly being silenced. So silenced that I am reading about the supposed silencing on the medium that is supposedly doing the silencing.

It's nonsense that right wing grifters have used to gin up outrage to try to control the message and make money. Now they've got a legion of people who refuse to watch mainstream news but insist that they know that the mainstream news doesn't cover the very things that it is actually covering. With Trump, it's calculated. It's the same reason in his rallies he always claims that CNN just turned off their cameras, and he knows this because the red lights turned off, and everyone in the crowd gets all riled up and starts yelling about how much they hate the press and, sometimes, threaten violence against the press. CNN does not have lights on their cameras, Trump can't tell if they're on or off, and you can literally watch him doing that on CNN, on camera, when supposedly the cameras have been turned off.

Not to say that the left doesn't have its grifters as well. I personally would never trust anything nor would I repost anything from groups like Now This News, or Occupy Democrats, or any of that stuff, but in my experience the right has been more prolific with it, maybe if only because they had a head start with Rupert Murdoch and Alex Jones, now the groundwork's already laid.

This, of course, is all ignoring the fact that Zuckerberg has met with the president more than once, including a secret meeting back in November with the two of them and Peter Thiel.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; October 27th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.

Okay, I'm honestly not sure who to believe here. I would normally not give the right conspiracy theorists any benefit of the doubt, but having becoming a conspiracy theorist myself when it come to Bernie Sanders media blackouts back in 2016, I don't think the right is completely wrong and the media is completely right. I've learn to not trust anyone nowadays. For 2020, the media blackout or just misspelling of andrew yang's name consistently was very annoying... point is I've witness bias of mainstream media... it's not as bad as Trump's claiming, but a lot of news medias are certainly losing credibility in my eyes.

Point is that the left now think Mark is secretly meeting Trump and Thiel... and the right thinks Mark is censoring their speech... so if such animosity continues, the only ones left on facebook will probably just be grandparents checking out grandchildren photos/videos.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 27th, 2020 at 02:36 PM.

Well, here's the evidence about Zuckerberg's meeting with Trump and Thiel:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...tober-n1087986

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed the meeting after the fact, but it was undisclosed by the White House (hence secret). It was pretty widely reported.

Junior Potato
    Well this looks like a discussion covered by clearly stated facts supported by evidence. Is something not getting through?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Well this looks like a discussion covered by clearly stated facts supported by evidence. Is something not getting through?
    "Sheep covid 5g vaccine fake news epoch times evil bill Gates open your eyez man masks co2 baby jesus Rothschild patent" or something, I guess.

What didnít go thru?

The joke, obviously.

HAHA... yes America is a joke right now, but we americans were trying to have a serious discussion here. Did not see a need for a joke to come thru... I'd rather see FB or America to come thru...

I just remembered this. There's a twitter feed that lists who posted the top ten performing Facebook posts every day based on Facebook's CrowdTangle analytics platform. Here are the past three days:

• 10/27
      • Dios es Bueno
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Donald Trump for President
      • Fox News
      • Dan Bongino
      • David J. Harris Jr.
    • 10/26
      • Donald J. Trump
      • Fox News
      • Franklin Graham
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Fox News
      • Dan Bongino
      • NPR
      • CNN
      • TWICE
    • 10/25
      • Dan Bongino
      • Dan Bongino
      • Mike Rowe
      • Fox News
      • TWICE
      • Fox News
      • Fox News
      • Dan Bongino

(Source: https://twitter.com/FacebooksTop10)

It doesn't strike me that Facebook is silencing conservative voices based on that.

Junior Potato
    I had to look up who Dan Bongino is.

And he sounds like a lovely person.