Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SLM buys a flower shop van

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    You might have a difficult time color matching the new letter i to the rest of the decal... further, how do you know Tim Thompson isn't real?

Just show us how you shower.
    It's black. I will get a new letter that is black. If Pantone has a problem with my quality of color matching, it is not my concern.

Tim Thompson probably is real, but it's unlikely that he owns a flower shop.

I haven't fully devised how I'm going to shower yet, but I'll show it when I do.

Yes, show us how you shower

[pauses and considers phrasing]

I just discovered that the fastest motorhome world record is only about 140mph. That seems pretty doable with a Transit Connect, doesn't it? I wonder what Guinness requires for something to be considered a motorhome. I don't have a toilet. :/

https://guinnessworldrecords.com/wor...motorhome-(rv)

Adding a composting toilet should be much easier than a shower... where you not only need a bigger water tank, but also need to have a gray tank to catch all the soapy dirty water...

Anyway, it took a long time for me to take my S2000 on an empty stretch of high way to reach 145mph. I've never gone that fast on any tracks that I've been on because they're just too twisty... Anyway, point is I don't think it's that easy to get up to 140mph. How many HP does your van have? More than 240HP? Your van also has a much bigger profile than the S2000. Chances are, that guy did not use the van's original engine...

Spend your time and money on installing the shower rather than the engines and suspension upgrades dude!

Yeah as I recall the Transit Connect's transmission is kind of made of glass, so more power is probably not a great idea.

Looking good! Agree on the flower shop van livery, should make stealth urban camping a little easier.

Van is still working great. I'm in the process of installing solar panels, which is the last big thing I have planned. But let's talk about what is perhaps the most important modification. I'm talking about third brake lights. Particularly, this government mandated abomination...

See, in the US there is an obscure motor vehicle standard stating that all third brake lights must be exactly on the center line of the vehicle. So what did Ford do? Made a blank cover for the proper third brake light location, and mounted this plastic Star Trek reject spaceship onto the roof.

This is stupid, and it traps water between it and the roof.

So, after some diligent searching on ebay UK, and the tense anticipation of international shipping, I'm happy to report that I now have the third brake light that god intended and Uncle Sam doesn't want me to have.

Yes it's a lot of fooling around for one brake light, but I like it. It's just so European to have my third brake light delightfully askew.

Also, this resulted in a real benefit to me as well. Removing the cheesy US spec brake light from the roof left a hole in the roof where the wires went through, which was also the perfect place to run my solar power cables through. So I avoided drilling another hole in the roof by hunting down the euro spec brake light.

20210719_121237sm.jpg

1a233945422dcb45f0c18b92f40a2181.jpg

20210711_211143sm.jpg

Ha! I do believe it's too much trouble to mess with that light, but using that existing hole to wire in your solar panels perhaps make this modification worth it!

So do you have a shower yet?

This guy's stealth camper van is pretty amazing:

There's an option for him to shower in it, but I think it'd be such a pain in the ass!

Yeah I got the shower going. It's a lot less fooling around than the one in that video. (But still a little fooling around.) I will take a photo of it set up. I went on a week long trip in the van, and used the shower three times during the week. It was great to be able to stay clean right in the van. The hot water system took the single most work of any part of the van, but it has been great for showering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    Yes it's a lot of fooling around for one brake light, but I like it.
    Sometimes it's the little things that make life more fun. I continue to enjoy this thread.