Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SLM buys a flower shop van

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    Yeah I got the shower going. It's a lot less fooling around than the one in that video. (But still a little fooling around.) I will take a photo of it set up. I went on a week long trip in the van, and used the shower three times during the week. It was great to be able to stay clean right in the van. The hot water system took the single most work of any part of the van, but it has been great for showering.

Very cool! I haven't actually tried using the shower in my little RV yet, I feel like it'll run out of hot water pretty quickly with a 4 gallon hot water heater, but maybe it'd be okay. Interested to see your setup!

Hey, SLM, how's van life?

Do you travel alone or with somebody? Looks like Gabby Petito was traveling in the same kind of van as yours so was just wondering...

Even with our bigger travel trailer, traveling with wife, kid and 3 cats can certainly be super stressful as I've found out while relocating from CA to WA. 5 day trip non-stop driving was just way too much for everyone I think... my kid used to love eating and watching TV in the RV back in CA, but not anymore! Will probably try to do more weekend trips locally around WA next year. For now, my TT is just sitting in the backyard as part of backyard patio furniture and my office. Living full time on the road with a family is definitely out of the question for us.

Anyway, hope you're having a much better experience with your van?

This thread sprang to mind and I'm also wondering how it's going and what trips are planned in it

I get the feeling he's done with his van and just waiting for the weather to get better... or he has moved on to his jet bike!

I'd like to take my RV out for a camping trip too... as soon as Seattle stops snowing...

Oh hey guys I have been using the heck out of the van this past winter. In November I drove out to Arizona, and then all the way to San Diego for a few days. I doubled back to Arizona for Thanksgiving with some friends, drove back to Michigan, and then turned right back around within a few days and drove to New Orleans for a week. Came back home, but I really liked it out in Arizona, and I had a nice place to stay on some property that my friends own. So around mid January I drove out to Arizona a second time and stayed for about a month and a half. Stopped by the Grand Canyon on the way back, as well as saw an old friend in Colorado. Probably done with the huge trips for a little while because that was about 13,000mi in four and a half months. Also the weather is getting nice here in Michigan so there's no need to go anywhere else for now.

Wow, amazing!

That's awesome! Glad that it's working out and proving itself through its intended use.

Living the dream!

13,000 miles just in winter season! Wow!

After pulling my RV trailer from LA to Seattle(~1,300 mi), RV has been sitting in my backyard ever since... my kid and the cats really got sick of traveling in it... Anyway, hope the rain/snow in Seattle can stop soon so that we can go camping again soon too.